1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron.com] Rockets Forward Parsons Worth on Upswing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Throw in the fact that Parsons is a clean cut white boy in a league full of black faces (thug league) _ Parsons is going to get PAID....!!!! $45 -$50 million 4 year contract easy....

Question is _ does Morey think Parsons is worth that or does he think Parsons is just a product of the system....???

2. Remii

Remii Member

I have doubts about Howard's post game and Obama's politics and they're both black...

And people around here complain about Harden all the time...

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

4. nono

nono Member

5. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

It's market value only because there are a limiting numbers of superstar in the league you can signed. Only a treadmill team will give a contract like that to a good role player.

I have no problem with Morey's overpaying for Parsons only when the team gets a third star. If Parsons is your third stars, then this team is going nowhere.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Chandler is a talent that doesn't come around often. He isn't going to be a guy that scores 30 a night like KD, but he does SO MANY THINGS that those all-star caliber players forget or cannot do. If you think about how much Luol Deng means to the Bulls, or how Toni Kukoc ( that must be misspelled) was so consistent with MJ because of his ability to do a bit of everything, you can understand Chandler's value.

The Rockets might overpay him if you based salary purely on SCORING. However, if you have ever played or coached ball at a high level, you know that the main reason that there are superstars among teams is largely because of these "Glue Guys," like Chandler, who do the dirty work that others won't.

Also, if you consider that Chandler is paid pennies in comparison to guys that don't do a tenth of what he does, we owe him. Good lord does Daryl owe him a decent contract for four years of hard work, relentless effort on offense and defense, never complaining about anything and being a main reason that Dwight is happy here.

Chandler is a more athletic Toni Kukoc to me, and Toni was a hell of a player, often leading the Bulls on some nights. He was paid from 1 milli all the way to a little over 9 million a year in his prime.

For every statistical category that is recognized and obvious on a stat sheet, CP is worth at least 6 million. For the things that aren't assessed normally (picks, hustle, defending without steals/blocks, leadership, fearlessness to take big shots and being a model teammate) he's worth at least 2-3 million more.

9 million a year is fair.

Pay the man or be prepared to lose chemistry, games and part of an identity as a hard working, tough-ass team.

And no, I'm not a CPOF, but as a former player and current coach, I can easily see players that teams cannot afford to lose for more than simply scoring purposes.

1 person likes this.
  7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Well i was referring to just the straight up WS. When you take the WS/48 into account it scatters it. According to that Greg Smith is the best player on the team.

But that is also saying that Lin is important too. And he makes 5/5/15 with an even smaller sample size than Parsons.

8. nono

nono Member

My goodness. 9m is fair but there is a lot of weird logic in your post that I will not point out.

Even in this game everyone is creaming over him but all I saw him do is miss a couple of layups and then start contorting on the floor with spasms.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Parker missed a couple layups. Pay him the minimum.

10. Remii

Remii Member

What DIRTY WORK does Parsons do...??? It certainly isn't on the defensive end...
    And you are comparing Chandler to Toni... Toni came off the bench and his defense wasn't great but I can see the comparison.

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Maybe a Luis scola contract....9 million but i think he is worth 7 million but hey not my money

12. pnr

pnr Member

He's probably worth 9-10M per right now but I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered him 12M per.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chandler Parsons is a star. I mean, it's ridiculous at this point to say he's not. As young as he is, he's already putting up more solid numbers than Toni Kokoc ever did, and he's arguably on par with Manu Ginobili.

Parsons is deadly from the outside, and can drive to the basket and finish in multiple ways. And he is slowly adding to his repertoire. On top of all of that, he's developing into a solid passer.

At 6'10 with those skills - he's going to be very hard to deal with. And he's still only has played 2 years of NBA ball.

If anyone thinks this guy isn't at least our 3rd best player, they don't know squat.

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

9-10m per..

i'd sign him for 4 yrs, 44m

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

if Hayward want more than 10 million you can bet Parsons does too...which makes me wonder if he could be traded... I mean that is getting close to star level pay

16. CP30

CP30 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Parsons is an outstanding player that easily has superstar potential- and he gives our team a great imagine. He has a ton of leadership and charisma.

???

Parsons is one of our best defensive players. (Forgive me if you were just being sarcastic and it just went over my head)

17. yunac010

yunac010 Member

That says more about how bad the team is on defense. Parsons is one of our best players, but his defense is way overrated. He was good his rookie year but since then has gradually gotten worse.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is worth whatever the market bares - and that is around 10-12m a year for a guy of his skillset.

He is so valuable to this team as a player, leader, and facilitator.

Look how much better he has gotten since year one....the guy has all star potential written all over him.

DD

19. CP30

CP30 Member

I disagree. He has very quick feet and does a great job of staying square while keeping up with his opponents. He's also pretty good at drawing charges.

I'm not about to nominate him for DPOY, but he's one of the better defenders in today's game (granted- today's game doesn't have a ton of good defenders).

Plus, my surprise at his/her comment also had a lot to do with the implication that he is a bad defender.

I would also say our defense is pretty good this year- or at least should be based on the players we have. Howard and Beverly are two of some of the best defensive players in the game, and T-Jones has improved a lot defensively and become decent at it (with some kinks to be worked out still). Parsons is very good in that regard.

The only weak spot in our starting lineup defensively is Harden.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

17 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts, 1 stl on 53 FG% and 39 3PT%. Impressive..especially considering he started off the season slow.