1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zierlein] Dwight Howard doesn't want you Houston, so let's move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Because we already have these guys, and the option to grow with them, I think our position is less desperate than Orlando's. We can do a Dwight deal and go that way or not do a deal and go this way. So we are coming from a position of strength and not have to trade them all.

We also have other bargaining chips he didn't mention: Martin's expiring, future #1's (Orlando can calculate the value whether Dwight re-signs or not ), also Morris and Patterson.

If you can just get Orlando to make an offer, you got them, because you of course will say "No too much" and back off to whichever asset you value less. (and I would guess they value Dmo, White and Lamb the most)

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Makes sense. The key is getting Orlando to seriously talk to us. They might be doing just that, and we don't know about it. Hard to tell because so much of the "chatter" is agent driven and "local media that covers the team" driven, ala our own Chronicle beat writer, who frequently seems to speak for the team, whether he wants to be a mouthpiece, or not. He gets some background from the front office and reports it, as he should. Hard to fault him for that. So who knows? The picture should clear a lot sometime tomorrow.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No much fun at all. We are facing to lose high draft picks, and young good players, and try to trade this idiot for another group of players next year, who knows what kind players we can get in next trade, but I like our current young players and picks than this big cheater.

4. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

felt like bumping this. so many funny things said. who wouldve thought back when this thread was going on we didnt have harden nor dwight.

we got harden. signed him to a 5 year extension.

then we got dwight fo FRAY (from a talent standpoint)

YAY

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Back then Howard didn't want me, now I'm hot Howard all on me.

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Herrera sipping syrup

7. basketballholic

LOL...yup hiccup.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Howard likes being here because we allow him to be himself.

Coaches and teammates don't get rattled when he makes TOs or fumbles his post-moves. He has space to make mistakes. You know why? because we're used to giving space for Harden's mistakes also last year.

Have you seen his cheesy dance routine in the team huddle before games? I think it's replaced the Lin-Parsons-Harden kung fu move. It's embarrasing but if that's what it takes to keep him happy ... (you see his teammates smiling, must be saying to themselves "that guy's crazy")

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Everyone is crazy.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Egg, meet face.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Face gladly accepts egg. Dwight like me came to his senses and matured just in time. Tonight I'll be at the Nets game cheering him on.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You make sure you bring back some pics. Cuz I don't believe you.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Lance Zierlein should stick to football.