1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 11/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bev is out there playing ball pimpn. The youngsta is doing his thang out there and that's all that matters. I didn't like McHale starting him over Lin but watching him play every night, I see why he is starting.

2. lid1013

lid1013 Member

That's not really fair since Harden gets considerably more touches with the ball. Lin doesn't even get to handle the ball when Beverley is on court with him. That shows how little opportunity Lin is getting to create on offense. Even Parsons is getting to handle the ball more than Lin now. Kinda wasting a skill of his as they aren't using him as a playmaker anymore.

3. alX

alX Member

yeah. you said that.
    now go back to fantasy island, tattoo.

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Beverly's PER is currently much lower than his PER at the end of last year. It at 11.82. Average is 15.00. His PER decresed following the Hawks game,

5. alX

alX Member

week?
    wow.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

good post man. Bev has showed alot of improvement with his offense I see him trying to get to the rim more, still early in season so he has no choice but to get better.

I like how we got to see brooks. When harden comes back I hope Mchale can start running a 4 guard rotation some games, bring Lin & brooks off bench together. This will keep the minutes down and we will get to throw different looks at teams that's can confuse their defense.

I knew our bench was deep going into this season, but now we are starting to see it by getting wins. Feigen put some stats up saying our bench is #3 behind the HEAT & SPURS

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Please look up the explaination of PER. The Average PER for the entire league is defined and created by Hollinger to be 15.00. Double digits mean nothing. Only ballers who should be in the D league are not in double digits.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

His PER at the end of his Linsanity year was in the high 19's. I believe 19.97, but I am not sure of the exact number. I can't look it up right now. Go to ESPN and they will have the number.

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

We would be dynamite with Brooks starting. All his overall ratings like PER etc. are much higher than Bev's.

10. gene18

gene18 Rookie

The Hawkes are currently 8-8. hardly impressive.

11. alX

alX Member

exactly. rally around THIS team guys.
    this team has the talent and depth to win, as well as the i.q. to keep on improving.
    the whole knee jerk judging and trade-happy/fantasy gm wannabee thing is annoying.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I read that it was a knee contusion. It was to the right knee. I am not sure ,but I think that he had the miniscus tear in that knee.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Brooks has always been an impact player. I am sure you know his playing history.That's why he should definately start.

14. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

I'd like that four guard rotation as well. The only problem is that McHale doesn't seem to know how to limit harden's (or parsons) minutes. He has a tendency to leave them in when they are not needed ie. big leads and to put them back in when the reserves are doing well. McHale has to trust his other players better.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

I think he has gained the trust over these past games, if I was mchale I would run a second unit of ASIK, casspi, Garcia, brooks, Lin out there... we can go 10deep and shouldn't take much of a drop In production, sometimes the production may even be better. brooks & ASIK will start to see more mins, he has no choice now. He has been having ASIK finish games recently so he is coming out his ways.

16. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

It's not 16 points that are needed - it's 16 really high efficiency pointed. (64% true shooting).

You can get JR smith to put up 16 points, but he'll consume more possession to do so.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

I couldn't ask for a better start to this rockets season !

team - even through trade drama, line up changes, injury to our best player, chemistry still needing to develop, tuff 4th q losses, we still stand 11-5.

mchale - got to see he EARLY he can trust his bench, it's ok with going with 9-10 rotation like he stated before the season started. He didn't do it until he was forced recently. Sure now he realizes he can trust the 9-10 rotation. Keep guys mins down for the playoff run.

Harden - got a chance to see the teams ball movement, he has admitted to the importance of it, on video yesterday he said its good to see ball movement and guys trusting each other. Great that harden sees this and can come back healthy and trust his teammates, he's still the STAR on this team !

ASIK - got to see, nothing wrong with coming off bench, you still may finish games big fella, this teams needs you and is not trying to push you off to the side. You're still valuable here, just give us full effort. Good to see him back to his old hard hat ways.

happy thanksgiving !

18. jdk

jdk Member

LOL, LOH got their wishes.

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

45 pages game thread? Wow this is a record for me to see since joining CF. Yeah... Same timing as Jeremy signing. :p

20. yummyhawtsauce

Agreed with both posts. The team has enough scoring power, but the thing is, in the playoffs is what matters most and see who steps up. Will it be Lin? who knows. Will Lin even be on the ROckets by that time? I think he will be traded along with Asik