1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 11/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2013.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AEdliYhGo5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

waiting patiently for highlights, so i was listening to this guy..

is it true that Jeremy's PER is similar to the PER during linsanity? can someone check this if they are insider?

2. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I feel like people are so stuck on the old Bev that we can't see how much better he has gotten. Bev has managed to contain his foul-proneness tendency. Last year it took until April/May before I even saw him drive to the basket to add variety to his offense. This year, he's attacking a little more, although without a lot of success (yet). That's fine, give him time and the offensive game that I'm sure he's trying to include will emerge. Bev can't create sophisticated plays like Lin & Harden (because he doesn't have the floor vision) but I don't even see that as a big issue when he plays next to them anyway. There is nothing wrong with the starting lineup. No need to fudge with it.

What matters is the in-game rotation and substitution. So far, since McHale expanded the bench and threw Asik there, I'm starting to fill more optimistic about McHale and his substitutions and lineups. Helps that we're finally making our shots too.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Beverley made Teague play the worse game of the season.

4. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

Awesome to be at the game I just got home was out celebrating lol

5. thejav

thejav Member

Watching the game now..gotta say I would much rather have atlantas announcers then ours...

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For you crazies who keep going on about trading Dwight Howard, you do realize that he has played less than 30 minutes in each of the last few games?

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

lin wont be missed if hes traded, im a lin fan but the team really doesnt need him anymore most of the guys can score parsons and harden are great play makers (maybe better than lin at this point), i mean sure, lin can come off the bench and score 16pts but i dont think we really need that anymore... its sad for me but things might go smoother if lin was gone cuz they dont have to wrry about his touches any more

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup... averages 18 a game. Just 4 tonight.

10. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

+1

d12 is the best center in the league, by far. and a great defensive presence (not so much offensively).
    you do not trade a superstar that teams fear and change playes, just to be able to stop.

he helpes other players, by taking all the attention from them, and allowing them to have free shots and to blossom when he is on the court.

he is a great asset to have.

11. cpan

cpan Member

man, we really don't need you anymore:p

1 person likes this.
  12. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I wonder if this is the Brooks effect. I noticed this early in the season when Bev was injured and not playing. There were times when it was just Brooks, Howard, etc, with neither Lin/Harden on the court and I thought the offense just looked much smoother and better. Lin and Harden have the bad tendency to over dribble and hold on to the ball too long that leads to a stagnant offense.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As obvious as it was to everybody...the team is really starting to click now that Twin Towers is done with. T Jones has been a godsend, and we don't even have Harden right now! We're starting to see what the team is really capable of. We've looked great, and if we don't completely choke in the Mavericks and Sixers games, we are on a 9 game win streak. I like where we're at right now.

14. zhuchu

zhuchu Member

i think we should trade you for a pack of chips

15. hopn

hopn Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

JLin is #12, ahead of Kyrie Irving and Russell Westbrook!

But in all honesty, at the end of the day, basketball is a business. And if Lin can make the owners money here and oversea, trading him will be a difficult decision. Not that I personally would want them to.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree, why don't you leave and show Lin the way.

Lin needs to be here and the Rockets need him, stop crying.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thank god for Aaron Brooks. We can have our two best back court players go down and still be a good team, thanks to our depth.

Get healthy soon Lin & Harden!

18. Oracle

Oracle Member

Jeremy Lin's PER at the moment is 19.0 (I don't know what it was during LinSanity).

Since you asked. The Rockets whole roster is presently in double figures in PER. I believe it is the only team in the NBA to have that. If you can find any other team like that, let me know.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Tmacs knee problems started with a knee on knee bump as well and gradually he started getting worse. Lin's got to be carefull with a injury like that. He needs to rest it and let it heal.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They chemistry is getting better each game ladies and gents.

This team is so freaking deep, the bench scored 67 points.

MVP: Garcia and Brooks.

Garcia stroke finally arrived, LOL about d*** time.

Im liking T Jones's game, youngsta balling his a** off.

11-5 babyyyyyyyy