1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Highest seed we can get?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Nov 26, 2013.

?

Eventual seeding for the Rockets?

1. 1-2

74 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. 3-5

170 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. 6-8

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. ada32

ada32 Member

Other than injuries, we will probably finish 4-6.
    With Spurs/OKC/LAC in the 1st-3rd position, we will fight for 4th-6th position with Warriors and Mavs.

2. Vestax

Vestax Member

Not sure if you guys remember, but we did drop far down in seeding and got 6th at the last minute. Being really optimistic would be 3, but realistically, around 6.

3. Vestax

Vestax Member

I meant last season.

4. nono

nono Member

We will finish 4th, but with a better record than the Clippers.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

see my post above, if they lead their division and we finish with a better record, we still get the 3rd seed.

6. caneks

caneks Rookie

4-7 is very likely.

7. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

I think we can get the 2nd seed realistically. But id bet my money on 4th. with an epic series with Golden State.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm not saying the rockets over take them. But I think there is more then a decent chance the spurs fall off hard at some point in the season. Injuries and age catch up with everyone eventually.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Yah, no.

The best bet you could have made over the last 5 years is putting your money on the Spurs when writers, analysts and general fans said that the Spurs would "fall off". The Spurs are more than TD, TP and Manu. It's why they have over a DECADE of consecutive 50+ win seasons.

The Spurs system is designed so that any player can be plugged in/out whether it's star or bench, and they will still play the same, seamless basketball. Their bench gives most teams fits.

Pops and the Spurs system in the regular season vs the rest of the league? I'll take the Spurs every time as long as Pops is at the helm.

Much as I like the Rockets, no way I put them against the Spurs when it comes to regular season wins. Age or not. Injuries or not.

Their organization is Just. That. Good.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Way to early to tell right now, the west is very tough so far this year. So time will tell 4 sho.