1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The GARM

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BasketballReasons, Nov 26, 2013.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

LOF´s, DOF´s, HOF´s, 99ers, less DD...

I just realized that I only come on clutch fans for the Hangout and the Texans forum.

Kind of depressing to see all these knee-jerk threads when we have such a fun team. (And best start we've had in years).

/rant

#1 BasketballReasons, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Agreed......quite a few people attempting to be funny with no real insight on the rockets or basketball in general. The nice thing is that it is pretty clear based upon the title of the thread whether it is even worth looking at.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They are rarely worth looking at.

I'm with OP. Can't stand the GARM and usually only come to the boards now to check the other areas.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't resist going to the GARM but rarely post. This is the most fun team to watch since the 90's and all people do is b**** or suggest r****ded trades that have no way of going down.

5. dragician

dragician Member

it's ok to suggest as long as they put it in the right thread. i think clutch needs to sticky it since it's almost trade season.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I agree. There seems to be a lot of coaches and gms over there in the wrong line of work.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The GARM has been terrible since Hakeem left the team.

But it's still a better new source than ESPN.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's not just all the threads, it's the utter incompetence. It's like that guy at work you start to talk sports with, only to find out he's a casual fan at best.

You try to change the subject realizing this conversation will only make you mad, yet he insists on spouting uneducated nonsense.

I've just decided to largely avoid the garm, especially after losses because nothing good is ever posted. You can count on the Harden D thread, the Lin is being shortchanged thread, the Dwight isn't a scorer thread, and the old favorite 3rd star thread.

1 person likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I went to see what OP was talking about, and I see threads suggesting trading away both Harden and Dwight. Oh my.

But yeah the GARM is what it is now. I was never an amazing poster in there so my absence means nothing, but I'm feeling the same as the OP.

Also, under no circumstance should you ever venture into a game thread during a game. It is a madhouse in there.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I mainly go to it to read the titles of threads.

The worst crap is going into a game thread after a big win and everyone is b****ing about Lin's playing time or comparing his stats to Beverly or Harden's.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It's even worse after wins! Because supposedly we don't need Dwight and
    James anymore...

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Another year, another "the GARM sucks" thread. Happens every year at about this time.

One good thing about this CSN nonsense is that I don't visit the GARM much anymore, since I can only watch a few games a year.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is actually a surreal (nightmarish) way to take in a game, all emoticons, exclamation points and repeated partial data.

There are a few posters to follow there, and it's enjoyable if you do that I think.

Otherwise, yes, it's just a reflection of our culture and civil discourse.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The trade Harden and trade Dwight threads are real GEMS.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The GARM is great for news info and there are still a lot of good posts but it's hard to weed through everything else. I usually just scan the thread titles to see if any new info is available.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hangout sux! Not enough threads about the bathroom, too many about girlfriend problems/friend zone baby threads.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We got a GARM only fan!

18. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I hardly read the threads these days. GARM was so much during the Luis Scola and Chuck Hayes "hustle" era

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Correction:
    The GARM Has Been Terrible
    And it has been for years.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't post there that much because I'm pissed about our performance (coaching) and the last thing I want is to feel like a LOF'er.