1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Asik has accepted his role, no trades needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Nov 24, 2013.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

According to Worrell and Clyde and Bullard, Asik has gotten over his pout and the team has assured him they still value him. IF, IF Asik is willing to be the back up center and be very well paid for it. $23 million over the next two years before his contract expires, we should stand still. With Terrence emerging and PF set, there is no need to trade.

Of course you never say never if someone wants to give you a deal you can't refuse such as Love or Aldridge for Asik and filler (not Parsons, Lin, Beverly,Terrence Jones, you do it.

In terms of winning a championship I think we can keep grinding out a high winning percentage for a playoff spot/ home court advantage, even if one of the Howard, Harden stars goes down for a month or so. Of course we can't advance to the WCF without them both playing.

How many teams can say that? What more can you ask for?

1 person likes this.
  2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

The well has been poisoned. Asik will be traded if and when a trade for appropriate value can be agreed to with another team.

3. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He's over it for now because some promises were probably made.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Asik just settled down because they told him "listen if you want to get traded you better shut up and play or nobody will want you".

He still wants out and you can bet that if the trade deadline passes without him being dealt we will be RIGHT back where we were.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind keeping the big fella. I was one of the people rooting for the Twin Towers experiment to work, but the damage is done. He'll be traded sooner or later. Lets just hope we get a piece worthy of one of the top defensive and rebounding players in the game. He is our best tradable chip and we have to maximize it.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

This .

7. roksoer

roksoer Member

You know, if it weren't for Morey, Asik would probably have never even been a starter in the first place, and let's face it, there's not a lot of teams out there in need of a starting C. It's most likely best for him if he stays with the Rockets, gives his best and go for the championship.

8. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Same here.

9. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Worrel Clyde Bullard ar total homers, they were praising Asik because they were broadcasted on national TV. You could notice how they weren't making jokes about players, like they do during csn broadcasts.
    This fake "All Good" is too obvious, no one outside this team will bite it, except for clueless Knicks management.
    With Asik on court we struggled to score for the second game in a row. If it wasn't for AB our second unit, led by Asik, would have lost the game.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

As much as I like T. Jones.. I would trade TJ and Asik for Love anyday
    and much as I like Beverly.. I would also trade Asik and Bev for Love

hell, as much as I like LIn.. I would trade Asik and Lin for Love

I think TJ has all possibility to turn into something very very very special.. But Love is already MVP special

11. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Love needs to touch the ball every posesion to be good, while TJ eats dead balls for breakfast. If TJ continues to play the way he plays now, Love for TJ + Asik wouldn't be much of an upgrade

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That was obvious PR.

I'm sure the only reason Asik is playing right now is because the Rockets assured him they will look to trade him.

13. MONON

MONON Member

That is exactly why Lin is coming off the bench. To provide bench scoring & a playmaking pg. Also Asik is there for rim defense not as a #1, 2 or 3 scoring option. Anything we get from him as a scorer is icing on the cake.

14. dragician

dragician Member

Turkish pride.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would trade anyone not named Harden/Howard on this team for Love. Anyone.

16. verysimplejason

A replacement serviceable center that can backup Dwight would be too hard to find and Rockets do need a backup center if they want to survive the playoffs. If Rockets can get a good backup center + 1st round pick, this will be an ideal trade for the Rockets. The other positions are well stocked for the meantime...

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This and also they let him know if he was going to sit games out then he'd have to accept a suspension without pay. That'll turn your attitude around quick. He's getting traded still. He might even be gone sometime shortly after Dec 15th. No later than fen trade deadline.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would think they plan on using DMo a lot as the backup and maybe bringing in a vet like Camby as a situational rim protector in the case that DMo is getting manhandled. In another year of off season training DMo should be physically ready to handle pretty much every backup 5.

19. rocketsmetalspd

I also believe the Asik will be traded right after the 15th and the team will not wait till the February deadline. I just hope they can get someone who will contribute right away.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nothing would please me more than keeping the team as is. I believe the team is set with Asik.