1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. pippsux

pippsux Member

Ab for 3!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey coach feel free to make him part of the rotation.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Brooks is hard not to like.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Did he call Omer "A-sick" in the NBA tv interview? Man he doesn't know how to pronounce asik. @_@

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/YOJDdCJAgjEd?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rick Adelman on Aaron Brooks: &quot;Well I coached him, so I've seen him do that a lot. It doesn't surprise me.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/404462611212673024">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#165 redhotrox, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This might not seem really related to this thread, but it is interesting to note...

This time during the season 3 years ago (2010-2011) we were 4-10.

(2011-2012) we were 7-7

(2012-2013) we were 7-7

I don't think that since the Yao/McGrady days have we been over .600. We have hit .600 a few times, but never gone over. The last time we were over .600 was during the year AB helped the Rockets take it to 7 with the Lakers in the 2nd round.

The best part of it all, we have OBVIOUS things we need to fix that are fixable. We are not a finished product, yet we have the two players we are building around locked in for 5 years. We will only improve from here.

1 person likes this.
  7. Swag

Swag Member

must be nice for brooks to get adelman back for replacing him with lowry after his ankle injury a few years ago..

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Aaron Brooks is the hero we need.

1 person likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think Brooks's career high was 45... And guess against who?

I'm 99% sure it was the wolves also.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

43, and you're right.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>
    My, how our little Aaron has grown!

12. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

If the team is going to give up this many points anyways I would rather
    Ab start over bev. His shooting and the ease he gets into the lane is a huge problem for opposing defenses. beverly may be all over these opposing pgs hounding them up and down the court but lets face it he's not taking chris paul or parker out of their game. but I see Ab giving those guys fits trying to chase him around. I would argue Ab's offense would hurt cp's offense more than beverly's defense.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea I was with a friend that night, we went to go get something to eat and luckily the rox game was on and AB was just lights out. Dude had an amazing season, close to 20ppg. I'm pretty sure adelman had something to do with his play tonight.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

let's not pretend the 2009 brooks is coming back after one game

cuz that brooks was a beast

15. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

When he is given opportunities he is playing very well imo stemming from the playoffs last year where bev was getting scorched by reggie jackson btw. His shot looks confident and he is still crazy quick and has good touch on floaters in the lane.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

crazy to think how different his career would've been if he didnt get manued.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

AB just needs confidence, he's not that old. He has a good shot, and that is something that doesn't disappear with age too much.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I have to admit. Watching Brooks play well brings me much joy. I don't have any delusions about Brooks' numerous shortcomings, but man that game was sweet.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

same here. I'm not going to treat him like a savior, but man 15 min off the bench would be awesome.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was wrong about Brooks. I thought he was done and might get cut from the roster. He can still ball.

And what I love about this version of Brooks is his attitude. He doesn't sulk like he did when he lost his job to Lowry. He seems to be content and make the best of his role here.