1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knockout game gaining popularity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Nov 20, 2013.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

this issue is self correcting in non gun-free zone states. You are really asking for a dirt nap trying to play this "game" if you aren't in a gun-free zone.

2. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Totally out of left field for this one, but.... maybe this "game" doesn't really give one person a chance to "fight back?"

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am usually for the media covering things but this is one where I wish it wouldn't get a lot of coverage. There are a lot of dumbasses out there who have never heard of this who will now want to do it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised with all of the gun talk but I doubt that in many cases having a concealed weapon will do you much good. If someone, who you don't known, is going to punch you out of the blue it is unlikely you will have the time to draw and fire your weapon.

If you want to be prepared for something like this my advice is always be aware of your surroundings and on guard for people who might look suspicious. I am not talking about race here but questionable behavior like if they look like they are scoping you out or in the case of this if they are laughing and looking in your direction. The people who are doing this most likely are driven by a predator mentality to look for people the sense as weak and are unprepared. If you project a confident, not cocky, attitude and look like you can physically handle things they probably won't target you.

5. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

The weapon is useful if the first punch doesn't land or doesn't knock you out, which I think is probably what happens most of the time.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The only way to scare the living **** out of these idiotic kids is either a death penalty or lifetime imprisonment and no young offender protection. I hate this after the fact BS. They should all be try equally with this brutal attempt to hurt/kill someone. That kid that got away with 1 year in jail is getting off too easy. They should make an example of him with life time imprisonment. The intention and the mentality to hurt someone is there and I don't care if you botch that attempt. The law needs to put their foot down and say enough is enough.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So legally what would be the allowed extent to fight back? For instance if you hear them coming and you react enough that the punch doesn't knock you out.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Shoot them all to death. Stand your ground?

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

If you get knocked from behind, and you fear that you may lose consciousness, and if you are a chl holder, that means you may lose your weapon in a life threatening situation, lethal force may be justified. I might be wrong. There's a lot of grey area in this one.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member