1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Yes, i stand corrected. Doc Rivers is the best PG coach in the league. Probably the best coach overall. You can see the difference in the way the clippers play.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Ever heard of a guy called Greg Poppovich?

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I wasn't getting on Bev, Ellis is quick, then they switch or you get picked off, guards can't stay on their man 100%. I was just pointing out that I think Lin would have been effective guarding him also, and that maybe he could have moved the ball around better. I know our D sucked, I think they scored 36 points in the 4th but the bigger problem was that we stopped scoring in the 4th. The ball wasn't moving around, and I think Lin may have been able to help then.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Ok ok. I love Pop. In fact, i wish McHale had a little bit of Pop in him as far as equal treatment of players and in-game rotations. One thing's for sure, our play down the stretch would look a lot different. Ah well, we can only dream.

5. adobo

adobo Member

I hope this is not going to start a rut for Lin. His play is very determined by his confidence more so than other players and thats why sometimes you will see him drop 30+ points and some nights < 10.

I find Lin really needs to develop that stubborn attitude that a lot of great players have on the court, the attitude that relishes in trying to prove his nay sayers wrong. MJ, Kobe, Westbrook, Rose, Miller, Harden and even Monta Ellis!
    You can see it on Lin's body language, his confidence really is up and down.

I admit he is on a very short leash with the coaching staff, when you see him miss a shot and then have a turnover not long after you know it won't be long till he will be subbed out. His such a shorter leash than Harden, Parsons and Howard who can miss 3 shots in a row and have 2 turnovers in a span of 3 mins and you know they won't be subbed out before the normal subbing pattern unless of course theyre in foul trouble.

However, it's on Lin to prove his doubters wrong, its up to Lin to gain Mchale and the rest of the coaching staff's trust. He needs to go out there when his on the court and have the attitude of the Westbrooks and your Monta Ellis and not be such a nice guy on the court! He definately has the skills, the speed and the IQ to succeed, i feel his mental attitude on the court is the only thing that is really limiting him at the moment and I dont care what situation he is in with the rockets coaching staff, if he just toughen up mentally then Mchale and the rest of the staff will have no choice but to trust him.

6. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Harden played the full 24 min in the 2nd half without any rest AND on a b2b.

7. PatBeverleyFan

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Haha, pretty much sums it up.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Better job doing what????

10. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I agree Lin didn't play as well as he has been but the guy only attempted 5 shots and a couple of those were 3s late in the shot clock, that nobody else wanted to take. I agree with OP that McHale has a very biased view of Lin and will never see Lin as anything more than a bench role player, even though he's been putting up near all-star numbers for most of the games this season. It is McHale's right, as coach, to playwhoever he wants to but Lin has got to realize that his days as a Rockets are pretty much numbered, and have been for a while now, under McHale. I don't think Lin is ever going to do a Asik and publicly ask for a trade but would'nt be surprised if he's asked his agent to discuss with Morey or the owner about being traded if the right deal comes up.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

If you look a popcornmachine games flow you would find that Bev guarded Ellis Lin had very little time guardingm Ellis. In fact Lin was only on the floor for 17 minutes and Ellis was not on the floor for most of the time Lin was on the floor. Ellis unfortunately destroyed Beverley and had a career high of 35 or so points. Beverly was on the floor for 37 minnutes.

12. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

While I mostly agree with your post, I honestly don't think Lin can do much more than he has been doing in the first ten games. He had been playing really great and trying to prove he's worthy of being the starter again yet no matter how well he plays, Beverley is now seen as McHale's starting PG. You can't blame Lin for losing confidence when your best isn't good enough in the eyes of the coaching staff. I'm not trying to make Lin a pity story because sometimes life is just unfair like that. All Lin can do is play his best with the time he gets and showcase himself for a trade elsewhere, which would be the best thing for him.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

So true. Three of his five misses /shots were desperation late shot clock shot. First Harden dished to him late, then Parsons and then Casspi. The ESPN announcer was very surprised that Lin did not play more and said that he has averaged 22 points for the last five games and he now has 0 points and has not been on the court much. BTW it was significant enough for Clutch to mention that Lin went 0 for five. This is the first time in over two years that a Rocket players poor performance was featured in a game summary by Clutch,at least in my memory. I guess Clutch was so startled by Lin's numbers that he had to feature his 0-5 shooting .

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

It certainly looks that Lin has lost confidence and self-esteem. Perhaps he got bad news as he may have been offered as a trade in a deal that includes Asik.

15. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

17 minutes of playing like that ain't bad. Even you could probably do what he did out there tonight. The rule for people not named Harden or Howard is simple: If you play good, you play a lot. If you play bad, you play less. Get used to it, that's how most non-allstar players are treated. Lin should even thank Mchale for putting up with him for that long tonight.

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

How are you going to just blatantly make something up lol.

mysynergysports.com I just looked at 3 of his five shots and none of them were desperation "late in the shot clock" shots.

17. adobo

adobo Member

I agree, he has played many good games so far this season and I do feel he didnt have enough opportunities to get over his struggle in this game, like what Parsons, Harden or even Beverley would have got.
    However sometimes his sometimes a bit frail in his self believe and hope this does not effect his next few games. He needs to be a bit more selfish as a player and have a solid belief in himself. I can understand because of his basketball background where he has been knocked back time after time from college to the NBA he will have a tougher time to do this, but all his work ethic and talents will count to nothing until he matures in his mental toughness.

18. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I think had Asik and Lin been told they were being traded together, you would have seen the pair doing the Irish jig together on the sidelines :grin:

19. New

Yeah. That racist joke is supposed to be reallly funny. People hide behind their use name and say something they would never say in public.

Is racism allowed in CF?

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No it certainly fits this thread. Am repping.