1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

uh we have one on the bench and his name is brewer.

2. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

McHale must be feeling serious pressure to win each game ...he refuses to rest Harden except the boston blow out

3. Chris Jent MVP

I think it's a bad idea. "Defensive players" are fools gold. Asik and Beverly are good, but not great, none of the teams strategy/decisions should revolve around them in any way whatsoever. Best scorers belong in the starting lineup, period. Defensive players can be used situationally.

It's easier to teach scorers how to defend, than it is to teach defenders how to score. JVG and "defense first" mentality is fundamentally broken philosophy. You must score the ball to win. It's basket-ball, not defense-ball.

As for JLIN, I do not want to see him traded. I want him to succeed here in Houston.

Beverley is a great guy, but he is getting exposed as a starter. As the league learns to expose Beverley, we are missing a big chunk of offense without Lin.

4. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

I do not hate Mchale. He is a good players coach but definitely not a good tactical coach.

In crunch time, why do all the set plays have to be ISO harden?? The rockets have lost so many close games this year and last year because of the lack of good plays in crunch time.

You can say the players did not execute if it happens just once. But no, this happens EVERY single game!
    Today, Chandler had 21 points in the first half..he barely touched the ball in the second half! You have to blame that on coaching

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You just missed the post. There where a bunch of people saying that Lin is the main reason we lost the game tonight. That's just stupid.

6. New

This has nothing to do with his offense. In fact, the only reason he gets his play time is due to his offense. His 1-on-1 defense is poor and he provides little help defense.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeease show me where Lin has taken the blame for this loss in like the last 25 pages. Not someone acknowledging he had an off night (true), not someone acknowledging that everyone on the team -- including Lin -- contributed to the loss (true). But someone placing the blame for the loss on Lin.

It's just not happening. You guys are working yourself into a virtual tizzy over something that is. not. even. happening.

1 person likes this.
  8. DH78

DH78 Member

OMG you get on my nerves. Why don't you just go date Bev and stop posting. Lin is much better than Bev. Only you, McHale and other racists think otherwise.

McHale lost this game by not managing minutes and rotations, or game planning at all!

9. DL24

DL24 Member

bro you're not serious right? 18ppg 5 assists 53% fg, by any metric one of the top guards in the league right now, while playing under the pressure that you're getting yanked as soon as you miss 2 consecutive shots? I think theres 29 coaches in this league that would like to have him and 30 owners

10. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

And you'd wonder what's our coaching staff doing.

11. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

How many coaches in the league would start Beverley?

12. mikster

mikster Rookie

I like Bev too but come on our starting pg has 3 assist in 40mins. I put the lost on McHale. Terrible coach.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I've been in this thread all night, and I saw maybe 2-3 posts to that effect. Along with a good 20-30 pages dumping all over Bev and Harden, from the same people who implode if you say Lin had an off night. Certainly nothing approaching the level one would imagine if they read all of these tirades.

14. yummyhawtsauce

Wont't succeed here. HIs talents can't be utilized with the type of offense that is being ran. harden parsons dwight all get their shots first. Lin has a lot more to offer than a spot up shooter. but it's only one game atm, let's see what the next few bring before we conclude anything

15. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Bev is a starter and wasn't particularly effective in 34 minutes. He should be blamed more, but when Linsanity doesn't reach superstar expectations, everyone takes notice, even if he's coming off the bench.

16. TheresTheDagger

You still haven't explained how you know he doesn't draw up good sets. For every time you state look at the results, I can state look at how poorly the players run the sets.

So....what's your REAL proof? Are you in the player huddles?

17. DL24

DL24 Member

100% accurate

18. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

The problem is that even if another scorer isn't needed, why keep Harden out there? He's the biggest defensive liability on the team (partially because he's not fully healthy). Replace him with Lin, who isn't quite the scoring threat but will at least try to play defense. Or Garcia. Or Brooks. Or go big and throw out D-Mo, Asik, anybody else out there.

You think a coach like Pop or Thib would let his best scoring option run around injured when what he really needs is defense?

This team is expending way too much energy trying to "mesh" offensively when they should be spending 90% of their practice time on defense. What to do on screens for the day's game. What to expect from the ball handlers/screeners. How to communicate rotations. Never leaving your man to ball-watch or lane-play. Basic, fundamental defense. And until the team actually executes the defense, everyone should be held accountable and benched in favor of someone who will.

19. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Beverly is overrated on defence. Guarded Ellis tonight and Ellis went for 37!

20. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

what the hell are you talking about? what he said is absolutely right. if anyhing its you who needs to hop off lins d