1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We lost clearly because

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Nov 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. webattorney

webattorney Member

I could see that in playoff games, it's going to come down to half court game, tough D and set plays and good coaching. Rockets are not ready to go to the tops.

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

if Asik doesnt play we win this game... period.. he is a momentum killer

3. Mr. Space City

whenever you give up 123 points in regulation it's safe to say defense probably lost you the game

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We really need to trade asik get something for him that can at least be useful

5. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

The game doomed to loss even when Rocket was leading, no defence, no plan.

6. TheresTheDagger

We lost cause the Mavericks hit 10 out of their last 11 shots and 5 FT's.

Hard to beat a hot team if you can't match em.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

WTF. This is the exact purpose of the game thread. Why do you think your opinion is so special to make a separate thread?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Team defense, and its not even close. Come on OP. This is ridiculous.

The last 8 minutes of the game was a textbook Dirk closeout special. Anyone who has ever seen a Dallas professional basketball team game knows exactly what to do… Stay with the shooters, make them make a play towards the basket, and possibly double Dirk and force other guys to shoot.

Also…. WTF wasn't Dwight on Dirk at all???… Were they that concerned with Ellis getting to the bucket, or Dally getting buckets down low???

Very baffled at the team defense tonight….. downright embarrassing and Zack Lowes piece couldn't be more right. This team isn't going anywhere without a drastic change at that end of the court….. and that's organizational…. that's not just one guy. It starts from the top…. Les even needs to get involved here to light a fire under Morey who lights a fire under McHale, etc. etc.

9. haydenfisher342

Couldn't agree more

10. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Harden needs to get that killer instinct. The last couple plays of the game he was being too passive

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Pretty hard to guard Dirk when he's on.

12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

If anyone doesn't think its defense you really don't know basketball, you let the team score 120 pts and its bc you didnt hit 1 free throw thats why lost?? are you dumb? cuz of 1 or 2 whistles ?? cuz asik didnt do anything cuz lin didnt score?? what if dwight hadnt made every shot he took...im pretty sure the answer to winning is not scoring more points when your scoring above 120... you idiots. Rant over

13. haydenfisher342

Because when i take the time to write i intend to be heard, and posting in game threads are boring. Next time i write to you check for a new thread to continue this conversation

14. DDuana

DDuana Member

We lost because we have a crap coach. Fire him already.

15. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

So many things we did wrong this game but this much is clear:

1) We play terrible team defense (I just don't understand why guards were switching onto Dirk the whole night.. and why was there no adjustment after Dirk baseline jumper after baseline jumper..?)

2) Our bench is horrendous, especially when Lin has an off night (and he was absolutely terrible this game). Lin/Bev/Garcia/Casspi/Asik has to be the worst lineup I've seen this year (with maybe the TT lineup as an exception), so many holes both offensively and defensively.. Why is Garcia still getting so many minutes? If anything, I'd rather move Casspi back to his natural position at the 3 and put DMo in next to Asik. Still little defense, but at least we'd have better offense (with the way Garcia's been playing this year..).

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Defense was poor.

18. haydenfisher342

I would love to see that line up good call

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

12 straight possessions….. 12 straight scores….. several of them 3's.

Am I getting warm????

20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

ruined my whole night.. now im done