1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

haha... why on earth would Milwaukee do that?
    Asik for Ersan alone will be tough enough. You want to fleece them by swapping DMo for Henson? Sign me up!

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Neither can Monroe.

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I still don't understand how people are putting Parsons in these trade scenerios when Alexander is very high on him. He also was a main piece of bringing D12 to Houston.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

He probably won't be traded, but I'm beginning to think replacing him with a lockdown defender would be good. Or at least moving him to a bench role (similar to Lin's) and putting a defensive stopper at the 3.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd imagine the idea of potential Asik for Jeff Green or Thad Young swaps are a possibility and deals that both sides would be interested in.

The questions then become: 1) What "sweeteners" would it take (if any), and 2) Is that extra contract year that Young/Green both have worth it to us.

6. 713KLP

713KLP Member

Best trade I can conjure up:

Houston: Ersan Ilyasova, Jeff Withey

Depth Chart:
    PG: Beverley | Lin | Brooks
    SG: Harden | Garcia | Brewer
    SF: Parsons | Casspi
    PF: Ilyasova | Jones | Montiejunas
    C: Howard | Smith | Withey

Why the Rockets do it?
    - Clear frontcourt clutter.
    - Acquire a young, proven stretch Forward.
    - Acquire a young, defensive-minded backup Center.
    - Gain more traditional rotations.

Milwaukee: Tyreke Evans, Lou Amundson, 2nd Round Pick (Houston)

Depth Chart:
    PG: Evans | Knight | Wolters
    SG: Mayo | Neal | Antetokounmpo
    SF: Butler | Delfino | Middleton
    PF: Henson | Udoh | Amundson
    C: Sanders | Pachulia

Why the Bucks do it?
    - Clear frontcourt clutter.
    - Acquire a young, starter-caliber Guard/Forward.
    - Acquire a backup stretch Forward.
    - Acquire a pick.

New Orleans: Omer Asik, Luke Ridnour

Depth Chart:
    PG: Holiday | Ridnour | Roberts
    SG: Gordon | Morrow | Rivers
    SF: Aminu | Miller | Childress
    PF: Davis | Anderson
    C: Asik | Smith | Stiemsma

Why the Pelicans do it?
    - Clear back court clutter.
    - Acquire a top 5 defensive and rebounding Center.
    - Acquire a veteran Point Guard.
    - Move Davis to his natural position.

7. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Asik + Canaan + filler's

for

Millsap + Schroeder + Antic +filler/s

Millsap = productive, efficient, complimentary, versatile forward that plays well with anybody
    Schroeder = future star point guard in the mold of Rajon Rondo
    Antic = backup center with range for the overrated stretch need

8. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Asik/Lin for Lawson/Mozgov/Arthur?

9. Raven

Raven Member

No it wouldn't, not from a talent standpoint.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Asik wants to start. Why trade for a guy you know is going to be unhappy?

And Barnes is enormously talented, but we have Parsons at his position.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Every one talks about the Dwight taking his Orlando Team to the finals not so long ago. But if you look back at the history of D12 and the run to the finals, it was all really thanks to R. Lewis. The team picked him up in a huge off season deal. However, it was R. Lewis' game that opened up the floor more for D12. This is why everyone is saying we should go after a stretch four. Why not go for R.Lewis.

This is his last year making $1.3M. Heats are in Luxury tax hell, i wonder if a second round protected draft pick could get him here.

I am sure people will say he has no game left or he is too old but we wouldnt need him for more than a constant 10-13 mins per game with Tjones. The more important aspect is that he will bring veteran leader ship. I say this with a caveat because I am not sure how well Lewis and D12 get a long now. But if there is still a friendship, i am sure this would work out well. Not to mention that he is a Houston native.

By doing this, we still get to hold on for Asik for a trade on an additional piece, I like the idea of going with 2 2-way players.

12. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

hypothetically, if you could keep asik and trade howard for kevin love straight up, would you do it?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Asik for R.Lopez and Bobcats 2014 first RD pick (top 12 protected 2013-2015)

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Robin Lopez is in Portland, but they don't have Charlotte's pick. Charlotte has Portland's top 12 protected pick, so that's probably the mix up.

15. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Rockets in aldridge
    out dmo or jones asik and beverly

Blazers in green and lee/crawford/or/brooks
    out aldridge

Celtics in dmo or jones asik beverly
    out green and lee/crawford/or/brooks

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Who's supposed to score if we do that?

17. Oracle

Oracle Member

I sincerely doubt that the Blazers will do any significant deal at this point. The team is doing too well for that. Why fix something that isn't broken. Asik has limited the number of potential trade partners with his starter requirement. A team that is not looking at him starting also next year will not want spend that kind of money in a huge problem.

Therefore, I don't believe that there are too many teams that truly have the need to invest in Asik as the starter for this and the next season. I think Boston, Atlanta or Cleveland would be the closest teams to be willing to go down that road.

18. rogower

rogower Member

You have the right idea. Asik for Robin Lopez and either C.J. McCollom (Portland's 2013 lottery pick) or Portland's 2016 first round pick should work, and, as I have argued repeatedly, is the sort of package Rockets fans should expect. Alternatively, the Lopez + prospect/pick package is then swapped for a very good but undervalued veteran PF such as Ersan Ilyasova or Amir Johnson.

Note that Houston can trade Asik for an expiring contract + pick/prospect package in mid-December, see how things go, and then make a bigger deal two months later at the trade deadline (involving the expiring contract, one or more picks, maybe J. Lin, maybe D. Motiejunas) for a bigger name. You never know who might become available, but when a big name becomes available, the team trading that player always wants the same thing (expiring contracts + picks + prospects).

19. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Got a feeling Brooklyn will put Swill on the trade block with the way Livingston is playing.

Asik/Lin for Dwill?

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we got a guy like Evan Turner we wouldn't have any problem scoring and our D would improve.

Or Luol Deng, but people seem to think Chicago won't trade him (I'm not so certain).