1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Sam Smith suggests an Asik-for-Rondo trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Unlikely, but would be nice to have Lin back home. =)

Wonder why dolan was at the Game last week. Maybe to check Lin out.

2. Apache

Apache Member

trade lin to celtics please

3. Play07

Play07 Member

I’m ok with jones starting and dmo/casspi behind him, having asik as a backup is just as important unless a defensive minded back up center is involved in a PF deal. & Smith can come in and give you a spark at PF or center for spot minutes. Our defense had been horrible offense is still as good as last year.

4. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

Assists on Boston doesn't translate over to assists on the Rockets. Harden doesn't run off screens like Ray Allen used to for Rondo. Harden takes the ball and initiates himself in ISO or off Pick n Roll. That plus posting Dwight is our whole offense. Dwight or harden pass it out of double teams, everyone else sinks the open shot--NOT Rondo. the rox aren't going to suddenly install a Princeton or motion offense.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You think Bev is one of the worst starting PG's in the league???:confused::confused:

6. Apache

Apache Member

asik and lin for rondo ..yeah please

7. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Yes I do. You would have trouble finding 3 starting point guards worst than Bev excluding felton.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Why would you want to trade the second best player on our team? Lin is one of the building blocks of the Morey equation!
    If we go after Rondo we should send our starting point guard along with Asik. Lin is not only or back up point who is mostly backing up shooting guard as well and could be the NBA 6th.player of the year. Les would not want to trade Lin, he is such a great favorite! All the hating of Lin must stop!!:pY

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He plays defense your right not a fit!

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

This has to be one of the worst trade ideas I've seen in a long time

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Haha! It's pretty clear we disagree.

He's a better defender than Beverley, for sure. But in my opinion, the defensive advantages over Beverley are slim and not enough to warrant 15 times more money, and it isn't enough to overcome what would, in my opinion, cause problems with fit on the offensive end.

If we were getting a Boston pg just for defense, I would much rather Avery Bradley.

12. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

I wonder if motet is really solve on rondo if he is

I'd offer asik Dmo and Beverly for rondo + pick

13. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Lin was never in team's long term plan. After they benched Lin, there's no way Lin will resign Rockets also.

Now it's perfect time to trade Lin at high value.

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

worst trade of all in a thread full of just terrible.

15. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Never liked Rondo and his fit for this roster but Morey can do a Lin + Asik + filler + 1st rounder for Rondo + G. Wallace.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If Lin has a career best season and Rondo doesn't play up to expectations, then this team is going to be worse off than it currently is.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo would be a HUGE upgrade over Beverly at the starting PG. I don't understand why people are so opposed to Rondo in Houston. Dude is a walking triple double. Did you see how he carried those old bums that are now playing like ass on the Nets to the ECF a couple years ago?

Rondo is a top 5 PG, you have to pull the trigger if it's only for Asik/Lin. Which is exactly why this deal won't happen, because Asik/Lin isn't giving up enough.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm a Beverley fan But don't compare him to Rondo, Rondo has played more playoff games than Bev has played NBA games... He is an All-NBA defender at his position, he is the second best if not the best passer in the NBA. I'm sorry but anybody who doesn't think Rondo is a huge upgrade over what we have is either delusional or doesn't really know what they are talking about.

Lin isn't making any All-NBA teams, and Bev for damn sure isn't. Rondo is a complete player, elite at offense and defense.

But the biggest reason we need him, is so Harden will give up the rock! I can't live with him dribbling 16 seconds off the clock everytime he gets the ball. Harden isn't giving the ball up to Lin because he doesn't make the best choices and he isn't giving it up to Beverley because he can't distribute well enough.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Captain Obvious, duh, but Asik should be nowhere near enough to snag a player like Rondo.

That said, if you can get him you do it. Functionally, he doesn't fit very well with what we're trying to do and is a massive crunchtime liability (much like D12) with his inability to shoot FT's. But a player like Rondo is always going to have high trade demand and we could probably flip him for somebody else or be a facilitator in a three-way.