1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans 11/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At some point, Wade has to appreciate the attention always being deflected away from the defense... Despite them again allowing an unproven QB to execute in the red zone on the road (first start ever), and giving up 80 yard TD runs to backup running backs.

Would the results have been even worse with Pryor in there? Or is McLovin the second coming of Tom Brady? Is Bill Walsh the offensive coordinator of the Raiders, or can just anybody figure out an effective game plan against Wades 3-4 defense now?

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you recall incorrectly. These were consecutive drives in the 3rd.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The issue is our OLB position. No pressure.

4. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yup first one was with a 4 pt. deficit with Keenum as the QB.
    Second one was with Schaub with a 11 pt. deficit. (false start then punt)

I normally wouldn't make such a big deal about it but that sequence shows you exactly why Gary Kubiak needs to go. The team is 2-7, down 4 points to the Matt McGloin led Raiders. Has a 4th and short just past midfield and you decide to punt the ball away.

Well i'm glad those net 25 yards were so important to you Gary...oh wait it didn't matter because Jennings went for 80 yards the next play.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I listened to the game on the radio as I was driving yesterday. When Schaub came in and the boos rang down, I wasn't at all surprised. What should happen though is not to continue booing. Disappointed fans need to leave the stadium. Don't buy anything on your way out, either. Just get up and leave. Nothing hurts more than empty seats.

6. kingk

kingk Member

Continue booing? Are you seriously objecting to the fans to continue booing. Kubiak is just being stubborn in sticking with Matt Schaub. Why can't Kubiak just make a choice just like last season Hardball did between Kubiak and Smith.

The clear choice is to go with Keenum. He is a better passer then Schaub; that shouldn't even be up for discussion. The biggest advantage is since our OLine sucks, Keenum can be elusive and make plays on the scramble.

Dont tell the fans to leave and not to buy anything etc. Fans can do anything as long as it doesn't cross the line (harassment, throwing objects) But booing is absolutely granted...

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's not actually clear that Keenum is a better passer. He's certainly a better down the field passer, but he's less accurate.

The reason to bench Schaub permanently is not because Keenum is clearly the better passer, it's because clearly Keenum is worth finding out about and Schaub isn't.

8. kingk

kingk Member

I disagree with the rhetoric. Accuracy can only come into play when he gets more experience under his belt. Not everyone is going to be like Andrew Luck. But Keenum is your best chance of winning games. But if that's not the coaching staff's objective, then they can put Schaub in every game.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Has Keenum proven himself to be more accurate than Schaub? To say yes is to state a falsehood. He has not proven that. Now, he might be if given the time. I'm not knocking him at all.

As for winning games, that should no longer be the motive behind who the starting QB is. The motive should be finding out what you have for next year. Under that premise, the only good option is Keenum and you should play him no matter the circumstances.

If I were the owner of the Texans I would fire Kubiak today because his interests no longer match what the team's should be. He will be making roster moves like benching Keenum in order to win a game. That does not really serve the interests of the team, even if it DID lead to a win.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

From ProFootballFocus:

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

According to some players, they had go to their silent snap count because the fans were too loud when they were on offense. That home teams generally don't word on their silent counts during the week and that the fans were actually making it harder on the team.

Maybe that was a reason for all the false starts, including the one on 4th and 2.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> have two rushing touchdowns this season. Only team with less is Cleveland, with 1.</p>&mdash; Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews/statuses/402525963411415040">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. rezdawg

At least that false start gave the Texans another chance...since Matt freaking Schaub throws short of the sticks on a game ending play.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

After being Top 5 the last 3 years (#1 in 2010).

And it's not really for lack of trying. The OL just sucks. When we're at the goal line and we're in our jumbo package and the other teams knows we're going to try to power it in, we just can' t get any kind of push. See the 3rd and Goal at the end of yesterday's game.

15. justafriend

justafriend Member

Aren't Mike Brisiel and Eric Winston playing for peanuts at this point?

I'm glad if the boos helped cost us the game and hope they continue provided Schaub is in.

16. rezdawg

If Schaub is starting the next home game, I ask that the fans leave the stadium...let them play in front of empty seats.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Case will start next week.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

sources my man!!

does that mean kubiak won't be out anytime soon?

19. Xercules

Xercules Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>So some of y'all in Houston still mad at me huh?....Oh....let it go...or u can talk abt it everyday</p>&mdash; Ben Tate (@BenTateRB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenTateRB/statuses/402547500310999040">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Those battlefighting good ole boys.