1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Rockets beat Dallas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Dec 2, 2000.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Losing to Portland would hardly be an embarassment, as they are contenders. I feel that one of the most important games this month is the Dallas game on Tuesday. I feel that a Rockets win over Dallas would increase the Rockets' confidence dramatically, and lead to a major winning streak. A loss would be a big blow, in what should be a huge battle for playoff positioning this season. So, what are your predictions? What are the matchups to look out for, knowing how the teams are playing like at this point? I know that Houston won 3 of 4 last year, but this is a very different season. What's going to happen on Tuesday?

------------------
    2000-2001 Rockets Game Formulas:
    End of 1st quarter: "They're playing so well!"
    2nd: "What a great game!"
    3rd: "Theres no way they can lose now!"
    4th: "What the ******* **** happened?!!"
    Revote! Revote! Revote!......
    Rocket's Championship 2001!!

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Lets finish Saturdays game then we look into tuesdays game. 1 game at a time. [​IMG]

I think if we beat Portland thats a very big confident build up.

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

3. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I think that if we beat Portland we will all be walking around proud to be rockets fans but as soon as we get cocky Dallas comes around and nock some sense into us [​IMG]

up... down... up ... down

that is what happens w/a young team that is still searching for its identity and a pointguard that is still trying to find out what he is gonna be and how he is gonna go about it.......

------------------
    If you are a positive thinking person but yet you listen to country music, isn't that odd?

4. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

ROXTXIA,

I can't have said it better! [​IMG]

Go Rockets!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right you are, 3pointer. I was just thinking about that, even though I know I should lend my brain to more creative endeavors. Steve wants so badly to set up his teammates and get those big assist numbers, and that would be great. But I don't see him as a John Stockton type of player. Age and court time will give him that sort of savvy, which he'll need when his athleticism eventually slips. But that's a long ways away. Steve, SHOOT THE G**DAMNED BALL. Everything else will fall into place from there.
    On the other hand, CUTTINO, every so often, PASS THE G**DAMNED BALL. PLEASE.

------------------