1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

I showed my appreciation last year when i voted for him in the all-star game and rooted for him everytime he gave it his all "Last year" as you said. My support stops when you get hoidy toidy and refuse to even step on the court just because you didnt get your way. What do you have against parsons may i ask? the kid is a very good player and very personable.

2. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Im sure having a good pass roll off of Asiks fingers on the block more than evens out the lack of defense by the rest of the team.

3. coffeelover665

Seems like everyone here is against Parson and I agree it is a dick move.

BUT IN HIS DEFENSE

Parson was playing while hurt and through back pains. Half the team caught the flu and injured (Heard they had to put a guy on an IV to hydrate him, forgot the source) But they all played on and I'm sure they would rather be resting. Then comes Mr. A-ok but chooses not to play because his pride is hurt when the team needs him.

This scenario applies to all team related activities. Say you're working on a project but you're suferring from:

Back pain
    team is sick
    fatiqued (4 games in 5 nights was it?)

but you're just trying to grind it out and then your ******* coworker CHOOSES not to put in any work because he was delegated to a smaller role on the project so you have to work harder despite how badly you feel. Would that not evoke a similar response from you?

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No idea why this thread is two stars. Completely agree with the OP. I was at the game and myself and the people around me were wondering where is he was. We didn't even see him on the bench. I haven't read this whole thread though so maybe I'm missing something. If he wants to sulk and be a b****, buhbye! We don't need that in the locker room or on the team. You're getting paid 8 million dollars no matter what, man up.

And PROPS to Parsons. Kid has balls, love his attitude and calling teammates out for being cry babies. Love this kid.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

4 turnovers a game versus 20 blown defensive assignments a game...

6. leslie

leslie Member

Suspension won't work. Instead of refusing to play, he can choose not to play in the right way. For example, he can play like David Lee on the defensive end--padding his rebounding stat by not protecting the rim. This will affect team chemistry and other Rocket players on the court, but still the Rockets cannot fine him for playing 'selfish' basketball.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When you come strong like this, you ought to make sure you have your facts straight. Parsons never played for the Vipers. I know your point still stands to a degree and it's superfluous in the 'rio grande' scheme of things, but playing your ass off for a team that really seems destined to give up on you and trade you out for something that benefits them more; is abnormal. Asik is not stupid. He's choosing not to stick his head in the sand.

If you give your heart and soul to a gal/guy and he/she upgrades you, you'd be a fool to give 100% to that same person that doesn't value you like it did before. It's a waste of your time. At this point, Asik should play hard for himself, work hard for himself... because our Rockets don't hold him in the same light they used to. Writing is on the wall. Don't blame him for reading it correctly.

He played his butt off for us last year. Remember him for that and understand this year on the Rockets is beneath him.

8. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/294/asik-sure-to-be-dealt

Asik was scratched from Saturday's home game against Denver essentially because he's so unhappy with his new role that he's in no state to play. Word is Asik has been asking the Rockets pretty much once a week, since Dwight Howard's arrival in July, to please trade him elsewhere. And now losing his starting spot, on top of what was already a reduced role, has clearly knocked the 27-year-old back.

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com that Asik was challenged by coaches and teammates this week for not being "engaged" in the wake of the lineup change, which took effect when Asik was moved to the bench for Wednesday's game in Philadelphia. And he hasn't played since the challenge, logging zero minutes Thursday night in New York while in uniform and not even dressing against the Nuggets.

9. don grahamleone

I agree that Parsons is not wrong in saying what he said. I like that he said it, but if he's going to do this, stay on point and call others out too. He should be calling James Harden out before anyone else. James' defense is way too lackadaisical to win consistently. He should call out his boy, Lin, for turnovers. He should call out Dwight for free throw choking and himself for being off all year from distance.

Having balls big enough to call out everyone will be a long term win. This short-term one is necessary, but selective.

Viva la Rockets! Rockets Zindabad! Hook'em Rockets!

Chandler's Rockets homerism is AWESOME!

10. don grahamleone

Let me add that his calling out stuff continue to be constructive. I think his tweets were constructive because he was saying minutes WILL be there.

11. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Technically you are right, I meant he was never expected to even see playing time and was destined for RGV. He has been playing thru adversity even in college. admirable.

Your comparison of this situation to interpersonal relationships between a man and woman dont fit. This is more buisiness and as long as he is getting paychecks, get ur ass out there and play. Asik knew when he signed with us that Dwight was our number 1 target.. he didnt have a problem when we threw 25 mil at him then did he?

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He's being paid, he should play and play to the best of his ability. It's really that simple.

This isn't a league down at the local YMCA.

It's understandable that he's upset. But as a professional he should put that aside and do the task that he agreed to do for the checks he's collecting. He's paid to play ball, not pout.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

JFC. Is this the firs DNP due to "No State To Play Due To Pouting?"

Good riddance.

14. don grahamleone

Man, that makes it sound like the Rockets are bent on keeping him! That would be awesome if Asik returned to his form from last season and kept playing rocketball. Hack-A-Asik doesn't work as well as Hack-A-Dwight, so we could have him in there towards ends of games. That might piss Dwight off enough to figure out his woes. I, for one, think fans should try to distract him with the balloon thing at home. It seems to work on the road. It would be awesome if the Rockets didn't take his free throws so seriously and tried to f--- with him. That way he can take the hack-strategy less seriously.

Try to distract Dwight on his FTs!!!! It will help the team!

15. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

I believe it was a DNP due to sand in vagina. Not the first time, apparently its been going on EVERY WEEK FOR MONTHS! its sad that maybe, just maybe, if asiks attitude and approach was different in the matter, the TT MAY have had a chance. We shall never know.

And ps- longhornsfan, thanks for being one of the few in here with some sense of logic. we are currently in the minority and the trade dwight not asik thread validates that notion.

16. don grahamleone

Money doesn't fix problems. Money is something that comes because you have potential to fix problems. It's not a chicken or the egg ordeal.

I'm sorry you didn't 'get it' on the dating relationship comparison. It's a comparison, meaning, it's not the same. There are similarities.

If you give your heart and soul to a company and the company upgrades you with a computer program, you'd be a fool to give 100% to that same company that doesn't value you like it did before the program was invented. It's a waste of your time. At this point, Asik should play hard for himself, work hard for himself... because our Rockets don't hold him in the same light they used to. Writing is on the wall. Don't blame him for reading it correctly.

Does that fix it for you?

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Awesome. I'm glad you made a new thread. Not sure why so many members here have to play thread-creation P.D.? Had you put this as a comment in a larger thread about Asik - I and many others may have missed it as I do NOT scan every page of every large thread.

Any who - great thread and I agree. I've been on his case for his outside shot - but Parson is such a Dynamic player and bleeds Rocket Red.

18. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Shouldn't Lowry be here too?

Agreed.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. And I was on the trade Asik wagon way before any of these fools. It a perfectly human response to be angry like he is and feel insecure that the second you make your way to the bench...you are a perinial bench player in the NBA.

That is how he feels.

20. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

everyone keeps their mouth shut except Parsons. Parsons is no leader or not even smart. Its about Asik's career, its basically all about business. Let Morey & Machale handle this xxxx, and the players should be supportive or be quiet.