1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Asking for a trade is counter-productive...

1. makes it harder for the team to trade you
    2. its a negative PR (see howard)
    3. lowers down your value because of no professionalism.

now he is asking not to play... SMH

1 person likes this.
  2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

judging by tonight, Jones and Motiejunas want it more than Asik

1 person likes this.
  3. J Hard

J Hard Member

Yup, it reeks of something else.

4. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

still believe Asik's agent is providing the leaks, not productive for the Rockets. Not a team player, but then he doesn't expect or want to be on this team.

Omer, what a sad ending....

Go Rockets!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks for starting this thread. It's good to see Parsons sound off. Wouldn't have seen it in the Humunga cowabunga threads on omer.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Omer under the weather according to bill.. hahahaha

7. rocketblood713

Parsons backing up his words with his game tonight ..CHANDLER BANG !

8. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

What am I contributing...? hmmmm. why don't you look and see who started this thread sir.

On the other hand, great game by the Rockets. Looks like the tension in the locker room was alleviated when we no longer have to worry abt keeping cry baby asik happy with minutes he doesnt deserve due to his play THIS SEASON.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Asik is overrated.
    He's so overrated that people thought that it'd be a good idea to play him and Dwight together because he was "too good" to come off the bench.

This isn't lebron and dwade figuring out how to mesh. Asik was never good enough to overcome the incompatibility of their games. Dwight is going to get his.

This is the same mentality that led many to the conclusion that "we didn't need Dwight, because we had Asik". I like Asik and wish he would accept his role, but he's not good enough to take his ball and go home.

He's being paid. That's teason enough to play ball.

I hope we can quickly trade him and move on.

1 person likes this.
  10. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I don't know what's worse with the OP..the fact that he holds a mediocre player as the "epitome of pride" or the fact that just showing a little appreciation to a player who gave a 100% to our team last year and wants to play instead of just collecting his millions on the bench irks him so much.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Houston has one of the most diverse food scenes in the country.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Asik and his agent have handled this whole situation rather stupidly. Asik stock is going down at this point if you ask me by acting like an unprofessional big baby. Yes its understandable the disappointment but be a bigger man in this situation and whenever your number is called, go out there and play and show how you can still help a team when/if traded. Asik at this point is being very spiteful and I've lost some respect for him at this point. I feel the team will be better off without him (Dmo needs to shore up his defense but hopefully with more playing time that will come).

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We can sit him as long as we want and we aren't trading him back to CHI, where I think he wants to go.

I think we see these next 10 or so games what we have with TJones and DMo and get the player who can cover their deficiencies.

Sorry, Omer, did you see how our offense opened up when we just play one big?

14. JamezGatz

JamezGatz Member

You are delusional if you believe Parsons to be a "mediocre" player.
    Asik gets paid to play basketball and is expected to perform as needed by his employer, which is true with any other job.

15. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Love spelling things out for some of you guys... lets see... PRIDE is a character trait, it is no correlation with the type of player (mediocre or great) and how good he is. Chandler has been nothingshort of a great sport. remember just 2 years ago he was on the vipers. He played his way to where he is at, HE took his time out and recruited dwight, all the while being arguably the most underpaid player in the league!

I noticed you said he gave 100% to our team LAST YEAR... funny how you have totally disregarded the first 10% of this season...

HE wants to play huh? Did u listen to McHale today? He had more pauses in his Q&A than a patient with COPD walking up the stairs! Omer does NOT want to play ever since he didnt start in the 2nd half earlier this week. He is a ****tty sport and if you don't see that and your aren't offended by that, check your fanhood. He was paid for last year, we owe him nothing, he did a wonderful job for us LAST YEAR and was more than well compensated for it. Stick that in your pocket.

1 person likes this.
  16. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

Doesn't bother me that Omer wants to leave and it is well within his rights to request a trade. After all this is a business and in Houston everyone is treated like an asset so why not have it work both ways. What is troublesome is the fact that this is being played out in public rather than handled internally. I think the organization should have done a better job of containing the story when it broke.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

Request being traded while refusing to play the game? That's on Royce White's level or worse because Asik does not have legit mental problem.

1 person likes this.
  18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Complete dick move by parsons. Omer never called you or your boys out for giving up on defense last year. How many times did chandler or harden or lin put omer in foul trouble because they just didnt give a ***** on defense or were clueless on how to do that. Omer effs it up for a game or two and you go all twitter tough guy on him? Slow your roll. Why dont u send one of those messages to harden talking about him quitting on them team defensively? Effing complete b**** move.

19. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

But is Asik really refusing to play the game or does the organization refuse to play him?

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Oh, now I see OP. Thanks for clearing that up! F*** Omer. He name doesn't even deserve to be here! Anyone who thinks showing just a little appreciation for what he did for us last year is no longer a Rockets fan. Okay gotcha. And Parsons for MVP!