1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchize, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

You posted nothing but **** since I joined BBS

Just sayin'

IT

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

he's traded already? wtf is this thread?

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

He does it again...

5. dxdx

dxdx Member

lol, I see what you did there...

6. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

and thats the reason why you can't just say farewell and good luck with your new team? I guess he must have murdered someone in your family :p

Anyway, wish you the best in your new team and thanks for the great season last year. Imo you earned your starting spot in the league.

7. conquistador#11

aca-awkward :eek: I missed this part, must have been while i was surfing through the futbol match.

Loved the signing of Asik, but he is obviously not happy here anymore. I Wish him well and that he finally gets linda barrett

8. donatas

donatas Member

YES!!!!!!

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

This sucks. He definitely deserves better. Wish him the best!

10. jms99

jms99 Member

Scola? Scola is a finesse player. the guy has finesse.

11. lowlife

lowlife Member

If you don't appreciate him, don't post in appreciation thread? Simple, really.

I don't understand how someone can hate Omer this much.

12. sew

sew Member

Appreciation thread though. If you don't want to take part, avoid the posting.

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I have no appreciation for him until he nets us a nice piece in return. I absolutely hate what he is doing right now and have little understanding for him.

Just a year ago we gave him a contract that just about every other GM in the league called ridiculous. We basically just handed a career backup with limited minutes the starting job. In short: we gave him the chance and more money when nobody else would.

And remember at that time we were already (and still) in the hunt for Dwight. Asik knew that when he signed, that we were stll trying to get Dwight here - he signed anyways.

I understand that he is a little frustrated that he worked so hard and played great last season and now he gets a superstar in front of him. I also would understand him going to Morey saying something like "Hey MoMo, I think it would be better for the team and for me personally if you traded me." - and Morey would surely say something like "sure, I will see what we can do - but we want to get decent value for you!". But leaking his demand for a trade out - twice, and playing like crap lately and even saying "coach, I don`t feel like playing tonight", that`s not cool. He is lowering his value and crapping on the team that believed in him and payed him 25 millions because he doesn`t want to fight for his minutes.

So, thanks for last season, shame on you for this season - let`s see what we can get for you now.

14. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Everyone wants to feel part of the team, and I have empathy for his sadness and disappointment in things not working out better. Omer gave his all and I miss him on the court.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

parsons or Lin will have to leave in next 2yrs, once another PF takes asiks contract money

16. hrooo2002

hrooo2002 Member

Thank you for your good effort last season. Wish you all the best!

17. Apache

Apache Member

If I was thee other team I would want lin combo with asik. or else no trade

18. Apache

Apache Member

morey and les says parson aint going anywhere but lin will,

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for your hard work last year.

Now please bring us back a real power forward with hands on your way out the door you unprofessional ingrate.

I don't have a problem with him asking to be traded. I do take issue with him sulking when he is getting paid all that money.

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

He was one of my favorite players but has erased all the good memories and respect that I had for him with the way he's been sulking. Like it's all gone. I don't have a problem with him requesting a trade but at least give effort and have a positive attitude.