1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

eddy curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaoMing#1, Apr 16, 2003.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

this guy is amazing he is shooting great (leads the nba in fg%) he scored 31 the other night, he is the next shaq he is going to be better than yao (i hope not but we'll see) he is awsome i wish the rockets could get him some how.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Maybe you should request a moniker change to "EddyCurry#1"

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The master at finishing what teammates CREATE for him.

4. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

Good to see someone else noticed this guy. He's quite impressive.

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Only thing I don't like about Curry is that he can't rebound. Yea he might score 20 ppg, but he will get you only 6 rpg. I won't even say anything about his blocking or defense. Yao has him on every thing.

6. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Come on... have you ever really watched the guy play? I have and what I saw was a guy who had very good low post moves and very soft hands around the basket. He averged something like 18 ppg on 65% shooting for the last 2 months or so. NBA wasn't that bad that a garbage-type player with no offensive move can get close to this type of number. And Chicago didn't have many creators you know, with Jay Williams struggling and Crawford being more of a scorer than playmaker. Please give credit where is due.

7. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Tyson Chandler is much better than Eddy Curry.

8. hpscc

hpscc Member

I think Chandler is a much better defensive player then Curry, but Curry is by far superior on the offensive end.

9. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

The reason he got such great fg % is that his points comes from dunks and lay-ups exclusively. His jump shot is bad.
    Bad I agree that he's impressive, and I'ts cool that he scores almost all his points on dunks and lay-ups.
    Baby-Shaq got a great future in the NBA.

10. hpscc

hpscc Member

I agree that his jump shot is inconsistent, but Curry does seem to also have a consistent baby-hook shot down.

11. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

he looks kinda ugly...

12. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

I agree.
    He got a nice baby-hook. I should have mentioned his baby-hook.