1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Damn that sucks. Yeah a 5% trailer is too tight on a low dollar volatile stock like HIMX, especially when there is no clear trend yet. Trailing stops are useful when you have clearly defined pullbacks that the stock is respecting. Like I am paying attention to the 100 day moving average and the $7.75-$8 area on HIMX since those are areas that have served as support for the stock. Also, a good rule of thumb is to look for prior breakout levels to turn into areas of support.

To be honest I don't have a hard stop on this. I'm looking longer term on it and I'm just kind of winging it for right now waiting for support to develop. It's not the best way to do things lol, but I guess I would be getting worried about this stock if it broke 7.90 and didn't rally back quickly.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

SRPT got slammed today.. gotta make a phase3 trial. no accelerated approval for them.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Gold came back to support again. I don't see any reason to buy it either.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

What's everyone's thoughts on CSCO? Their numbers missed and the forward looking is bad. Emerging markets took a big hit too. But damn, they're getting slammed. Overreaction or a trend down to the teens? I'm tempted to up my position to take advantage of overreaction recovery but I've done that before and they headed on down and forced me to hold long.

5. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

been investing in bitcoins lately thier value has quadrupled over the last 2 months.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well that was a nice bounce in gold. I guess that's why I don't trade gold that much lol.

7. dragician

dragician Member

DDD reaches 80.

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Buy all the himx you can don't worry about price google glass will change the world and oculus rift will change gaming. Himax is in both, they are the chipmaker who owns 75% of the lcos market....google it....and lcos is projected to grow by 112% annually over the next 4 years.....again google it. Himax isn't a google glass or oculus only play bc they did $737m last year without either but both will be massive and himax is probably $30+ in 2-3 years.....that's still under a $5b market cap bc it's $1.6b today.....

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

a bit more and a prime short for me. All 3D techs are in a bubble right now, Love It.

10. dragician

dragician Member

bubble?

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This made me really happy. The insider journalist who wrecked CPRX was all in on SRPT, so I get to taste his tears on twitter. CPRX will come back, but SRPT will take years if it ever comes back. In retrospect, why the hell was it ever above 50 in the first place?

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

It's main competitor got shot down by the FDA and we were all expcting AA.. it's going to come back.. they just need to do a phase 3.

13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Is it time to go long on TSLA again?

14. dragician

dragician Member

DDD - 10% up today.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe for a bounce, but I still don't like buying here for an investment. It is going to take a long time for this stock to find a clear bottom due to all the hype around it before imo.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If TSLA gaps down tomorrow I'll be buying it.

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'd stay away from TSLA if I were you. Unless there is some good news on the horizon, this thing is still a falling knife IMO. There are quite a few investors that are watching their massive profits disappear and with EOY (Hedgefunds and MMs) and Christmas (individuals) coming up, I think more will be selling at least part to lock in what profits are left. I don't see too many reasons to run out and buy this one.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I love trying to catch falling knives :p

19. randomdude

randomdude Member

buy LULU, kills two birds with one stone - buying an attractive opportunity AND (more importantly) supporting yoga pants

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Bought some back in october for around 200 each. Sold 2 today to make my investment back. So from here on out. It's all profit. People are buying it around the world at alarming rate.

http://fiatleak.com/

Probably has something to do with the senate hearing today to let bitcoins stay

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/18/bitcoins-price-zooms-ahead-of-u-s-senate-hearing/