1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

Can't shoot isn't the same thing as doesn't have to be guarded. Doesn't have to be guarded is when your 3s aren't falling and you keep parking your ass out on the 3-point line watching your defender go pack the paint.

Brewer/Asik/Smith all would have set a screen to take out a defender or cut to the basket to make somebody guard his ass, unlike Francisco "Let's Make My Team Play 4-on-5 for 20 Minutes" Garcia.

2. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

:confused:

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

It will be a loss for sure.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Guys stop the Lin/Bev hating....if you look at overall line stats Lin/Bev faired equally well against Morten/Anderson. Lin/Bev (-1 rebound, +6 assists, = steal, -4 TOs, +8 points). Hawes 18 points and 9 rebounds, so if you think about it our guards weren't the only problem we lost.:eek:

5. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

I really hope Harden is able to play tomorrow. Our starters must be exhausted after two OT games, one of them double OT, plus we use such a shallow rotation, plus pretty much everyone, Bev, Lin, Parsons, have been dealing with sickness, it could be ugly tomorrow.

6. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

#1 Backcourt tomorrow. Mchale make it happen.

Harden and Lin will glue everything together.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Alright... Well since your excuse was that Anderson was too talk for Lin, and Wroten is even taller, I guess Lin isn't playing more than a few minutes.

With Harden not playing and Lin playing very minimum minutes, can you tell me where the offense is coming from?

8. torocan

torocan Member

One thing at a time. You can only improve so many things during ONE off season.

9. Reach

Reach Member

Well at the very least you can then have a legit SG guard Andersen. Lin may very well give a triple double to Wroten just as Bev did tonight but at least then you have only one mismatch on the floor.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Sorry, no Tyson....Lin and Harden (if plays) will probably have a drive fest.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Naw... Harden will be well rested and TJ has just started getting big minutes so those two should be good. And we have a good backup in Asik for Howard and can also run Brooks out there if need be... But I'm sure Lin will be just fine steeping inside of MSG.

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Garcia can't guard shat. The way we guarded Durant with Garcia was to concede the fact that with Garcia on Durant we simply doubled right away 90+% of the time.

Besides, McHale benched Beverley for half a quarter just to put a wing on him. It didn't matter. He was just hot and making contested shot after contested shot.

13. nono

nono Member

I thinking Rockets' are suffering the karmic effects of getting rid of Royce White. Royce was clearly mentally disabled and we treated him too harshly.

If someone knows the bus schedule we could probably still get him over to help us. We are still paying him anyways.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Shucks...5-4 gives you 3rd spot in the East but 9th spot in the West.:eek:

15. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

That's assuming the 90 minutes Lin's played over these last 2 games doesn't affect him.

16. munsteur

munsteur Member

The effing refs hid their whistles in the 4th quarter. There were at least four or five uncalled fouls on Howard and Lin in that quarter. I call BS.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Not to mention that missed call foul on Garcia....

18. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I agree our free throws sucks. But take out the subjective and let's say both team kept fouling. Houston was 64% on fts. Philly was 76.5%. There is 12.5% difference. Both team would need to shoot 24 fts to have Philly catch up that 3 points difference. That's impossible with 15 seconds left. We would have almost 100% chance winning if we kept fouling each other.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Once again I will take my chance with Wroten the rookie going off on Lin in his first NBA start as opposed to Wroten going off on the even shorter and lighter Bev. I would rather have 1 mismatch than 2.

20. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

During the day of the Toronto game, I think we were the only team that did.

3 other teams played 9.

The rest played 10-13 players.