1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale wavers on pairing Howard, Asik in Rockets' lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Nov 13, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

so far I don't see we hasn't done sagging at all. we continue to cheated or help our bigs. it is a typical help defense. it's common practice in nba when a smaller player sags to help his big man since he has speed to recover. you can't ask asik or howard to double team one opponent big and leave either of their men wide open when one of their men can shoot. they don't have speed to recover. if other team uses two defense centers, I won't mind to put asik and howard together.

2. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

You got to let the season play out a bit to see how other teams are fairing and draft picks so you may get an unexpected call to make a deal.. that includes injuries or teams wanting to make a playoff run.. hopefully another month we can trade Asik.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

hahaha i laughed out loud. nice.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...s-76ers-knicks-ending-howard-asik-experiment/

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So Dwight is saying that McHale wants him to play the 3?

6. Nook

Nook Member

I don't disagree with you that the TT has defensive issues (I never thought it would work). However the Rockets are TRYING to tweak their defense to cut down on the open corner 3's. The level of sagging inside by the Rockets last year was an extreme, only a handful of teams did it to the level the Rockets did last year.

If you watch the Bulls or Pacers you will see that you can get away with 1 bad perimeter player if the other 4 players are disciplined. The defense that I saw Rose play against the Cavs the other day makes Harden look like Joe Dumars.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good post. Of course we have those who are totally sure Coach is wrong..

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If he's guarding Bargnani he pretty much will be anyways.

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

1 more month till the inevitable Paul Millsap for Omer Asik swap goes down.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

11. Play07

Play07 Member

ddint notice that first read, but after reading it again you could be right

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's too early to give-up on it. 8 games is such a small sample. It takes time.

13. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

If keeping Asik happy means our team to struggle and to lose games, what is the point to not trade Asik?

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    OMG! How could McFAIL unceremoniously bench a superstar like Asik at the very last second when this has been his plan all along, ever since training camp began?!? This continued racist crap sucks!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Oops. Sorry, my inside LOF took the wheel for a second there.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

morey has been saying we would like to have 48 min rim protection. since howard plays around 34 min, to not play TT means asik would have 14 min playing time.

16. Deniz

Deniz Member

So, Asik will be limited to about 10 to 15 minutes per game. lol
    Do you really think that he will be motivated to show his A game? Trade him!

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Once Howard or Asik get the 3 ball down it will be smooth sailing.

18. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

If one of them can develop a 15-17 mid range jump shot,TT is a good idea moving forward,but neither of them can do that. Mchale can use this line up against Dallas,Pacers and Memphis because they are using their bigs as the anchor of their offense.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Exactly, Asik needs to button it, enjoy his paychecks, and quietly accept the fact that it's probably going to be a couple of more months before he's traded.

20. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

Some of us are already calling Asik's head to be traded,I don't think that's a good idea since he can be our center for the 2nd unit,Asik and Lin is still a good pairing most of the time even with a butter finger here and there,he is still a big presence in the middle.And I think he can play much better if he will not be paired w/ Howard on the court.If he can't be used properly then that's a different story.I always remembered him when he was still playing w/the Bulls,he had a big impact way back then.And if not for Asik we will not even gonna reach the play off last year.