1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we look to Jeremy Lin to be our closer as opposed to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 11, 2013.

?

Should Jeremy Lin be our closer instead of James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

50.8%
  2. No, Beardsanity > Linsanity.

49.2%
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Wow, Harden is playing hurt. It's pretty obvious he doesn't have the same quick first step and isn't getting the same lift on his shot. Let's just wait a couple of weeks until he gets healthy again to start making these knee jerk assessments. That being said, I'm happy for Jeremy, he's been the most consistent Rocket on offense so far this season. He deserves it because you know he busted his ass during the summer to work on that shot.

2. verysimplejason

Let Harden take the last shot but let the game flow from Jeremy first. Harden is clutch but the team needs to make plays. Just giving it to Harden won't cut it with better defensive teams.

3. King901

King901 Member

Because they aren't that skilled yet. I never said Lin sucked for you defensive lin riders. I said there was no scouting report. People didn't know what he was capable of. So take your pills and understand before getting defensive over lin.

4. clutz

clutz Member

Two major things Lin worked on in offseason -- left hand, range shooting -- obviously paying off. Decision-making, playing under control still a work in progress.

Contrast with Parsons, whose midnight shooting workouts not having immediate payoffs, to say the least. Unfortunate because it's overshadowing the rest of his game, which has been pretty solid.

1 person likes this.
  5. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Harden should take the last shot when open! Only then!

So give the ball to Lin to let him create. ISO-Harden works 1 of 25 times. That is not good!

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you have any ****ing idea who I am or how I follow the Rockets??? Do you even know my race? Go **** yourself kid.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

On a team like this, you shouldn't have just one guy as the designated closer. James and Jeremy are both really effective with the ball in their hands. That being said, there has to be a style of play in those crucial moments and standing out and isolating the ball to take a contested 3 pointer is not one of them. That's the one thing that James needs to stop doing. Jeremy attacked whenever he could and he got to the rim so easy! James is just as good if not better at getting to the rim. If James attacked more in late game situation we would be dangerous!

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Whoever has hot hand. But Harden is an entitled diva a la Kobe so it won't happen.

9. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

According the the LOH, he is a mediocre role player. Why should such a player even be in the game at the end (unless to commit fouls because they usually have fouls to give).

I really hope that the Rockets don't pick up the team option on Lin.

10. Solaris

Solaris Member

Harden/Lin/Parson, whoever is open.

11. King901

King901 Member

A rager obviously

12. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

I really don't care who finishes but I do want whoever to finish to be able to make a play. Right now I cringe at Harden's ISO but I also cringe when Lin runs around in circles.

13. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

1/26 after today

14. Reach

Reach Member

It's between Lin and Harden. Those two are really our only wing players capable of creating efficient offense for themselves.

15. howo13579

howo13579 Member

whoever has the hot hand my ass. I don't care if Harden or Lin were 100% shooting. I don't want them take a shot with defender right in their face. Run plays and let the open man shoot.

16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

What about 38 points versus Spurs? Where was Harden?

17. King901

King901 Member

SO should I point out games where Harden has outscored Lin? Once again, I never said Lin sucked or unskilled, I stated that if Harden didn't attract a lot of attention, lin wouldn't be able to do what he does. I then said in NY vs the raptors, there wasn't a scouting report vs lin so no one knew what he was able to do. Plz don't send Godzilla after me.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

your post does not answer the question asked in the original post.

19. King901

King901 Member

Harden should have the last shot.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

can I assume you are white trailer trash then? Since we are all generazling and stereotyping here. Get over yourself.