1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Power Forwards Are On Teams That Want Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioKissoDeath, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not really.

Brandon Bass has already been paired with Howard before when they were both in Orlando. That pairing didn't exactly work out and the team was far more successful with 3 point shooting Ryan Anderson next to Howard.

Right now, Bass is just another middle-priced veteran role player salary that the Celtics wouldn't mind dumping (Courtney Lee is another one).

If the Rockets want Brandon Bass, or someone like him, they can probably get it done without giving up Asik. For an Asik trade return, Daryl Morey is going to be aiming for something much better.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No. Absolutely I would.

If the Blazers wanted to trade LMA to Houston you tell them anyone but Harden and Howard are available.

I do think LMA would take shots away from D12, but after seeing him play he doesn't seem to demand many shots. If he can be had for Asik+Parsons or Beverly you do that every day.

As Much as I love those two, they are easier to find than a LMA.

3. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

The Cavs won't let Thomson leaving Cleveland.
    But Bennett maybe. OK, his start is not good, but what a potential.
    Cleveland could have chosen him as a piece to have a starter. And they have needs at the center spot with Varejao, Bynum and Zeller who don't have anymore the level.
    I would trade Asik for Bennett.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's because you vastly overrate LMA's quality as a player. He's a borderline all star, not a superstar. He's a mediocre defender who relies on contested mid range jumpers.

He would be a good fit on this team but he isn't worth blowing up our core for. In no way should we trade both Parsons and Asik for him. Especially since Portland would likely ask for our first round pick in any trade.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You mean that consistent mid range jumper that he hits?

Parsons is a mediocre defender that relies on a pump fake and as far as shooting is as inconsistent as it gets. I think you are vastly overrating the value of Parsons or Beverly. Rockets won't get LMA because they don't have the assets to do so. Portland wouldn't even want Parsons because Batum is a better player than he is and Asik isn't a big need for them...better than Lopez but acquiring Asik and giving up LMA doesn't really do much for them.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Patrick Patterson last year:

[​IMG]

Must say, good move Morey! I'm sure now we are in no need of a power-forward with that range...oh wait

[​IMG]

7. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

Mc Gee out. Maybe the Nuggets will look for a center. Faried, Hickson in exchange ?

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

We would have had to trade 2pat anyway to fit Dwight in

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny how we went through so many of these 4s and now don't have one.

Scola, Landry, Patterson...then drafted more PFs...White, Jones, Motiejunas. I think those guys are just waiting on a trade to get some PT and for better or worse.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

The problem is that LMA is an Asik level player, or just a little bit better at most, so we'd be overpaying AND creating a new hole on the roster if we gave up anything more than just Omer and maybe a draft pick (+salaryfiller)

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You sure about that, the way Love and Co. is playing they could easily make the playoff's. Now if Love gets injured again, they can kiss that chance bye bye.

I wouldn't count out Portland either but you could be right though.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Deng is not a PF

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Horford
    LMA
    Love
    Gibson

all dreams but either one of them would be perfect here.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... this might be weird, but how about Carlos Boozer? Would Asik+Jones for Boozer+Charlotte's 1st round pick work? Chicago gets some salary/tax relief, get a center to either back-up the injury-prone Noah or allow them to trade Noah for, say, Lamarcus Aldridge.

Boozer is in great shape this season and shooting 58% from the floor. Extremely active like he was in Utah. Not the greatest defender but smart enough that you can have a good defense even with him involved. Next year, his salary becomes an expiring deal, which, like Kevin Martin's big expiring deal, can be combined with some future assets (like the Charlotte pick) to make a trade for a disgruntled elite player.

Anyhow, I just want to see what he looks like in Rockets red.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Turn in your card and go sit in the corner.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Come to think about it CH yes Boozer would a good fit for this team as well.

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I just want to know if the people who said "we shouldn't take Love"(if it was possible) still feel that way.

It blew my mind when I first heard people saying it and now it's even more obvious that Love is a beast.

18. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

The only PF fits description that I can think of is TD. But how?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well I guess we just agree to disagree then. If we were giving up Parsons I think we'd already have a replacement for him in Casspi and Jones would get a little more time on the court.

Beverly would be harder to replace because of his attitude. But Omer is a bit redundant on this roster, if you can't start him and play him with Howard than he's not playing a lot of minutes any ways so what we'd be losing is Parsons or Beverly. What we'd be gaining is another player that could really go to work if you give him the ball. We know Howard is not much of a offensive player, his offense has to be created for him mainly. LMA that isn't the case.

As long as Howard is fine with LMA taking away touches from him, that would be a big get. Doesn't matter though because I don't think we have anything to give to them to make a trade possible.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You are seriously overrating Parsons while underrating LMA. Just because Parsons THINKS he is a core doesn't make him one. He is a good role player and shows no signs whatsoever of being a core or star to a contending team.

So far this season, he is not even the best role player on this team.