1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give this team some time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 8, 2013.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I tend to stay away from those as soon as the game ends, too much negativity and probably arguing about Lin and Beverly right now

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

And btw, our 3 point shots haven't been falling so far in the early season. That was the case last year also.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a> shoot under 30% from 3pt land for 4th straight game (27-100 overall in those 4). Casspi &amp; Garcia 2-15 combined in last 2 games.</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/399383260142505984">November 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

This reminds me of last year when the Lakers fired Mike Brown. Give it some time guys. This wasn't going to come together like a zipper, we need to ease it out for a little while longer and when we get it together, we should fire on all cylinders. This team can be very well.

4. AFS

AFS Member

When Miami's Big3 first came together, they started the season off 9-8. Our team is gonna learn from it's successes and losses and figure out what works. We just need to be patient and watch them grow. Already, we saw a lot of improvement today getting the ball to Dwight when he needed it, and improvement with our lobbing. If we continue to see improvement, we're going to be okay.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I hope McHale can prove me wrong, but I don't have much faith in him. Loses like tonight and last game have "out coached" written all over them.

6. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

that's actually a good reason i never thought about. i'll stop my b****ing now haha

7. lovepaule

lovepaule Member

hahahaha! The celtics save my emotion today.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

you are right but Martin went to timberwolves and him & love are playing great unselfish basketball, it's 2 sides to every story

9. MOHRocketeer

MOHRocketeer Rookie

If this team becomes a contender it will be in spite of McHale. He has never been a good coach anywhere or any year. They have the talent to contend but no one to lead

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Martin's been in Rick Adelmans offense for like half his career

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

85% is more accurate i would say.

12. Baruch

Baruch Member

I'll extend my patience to Harden and McHale till ASB :grin:

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Maybe a couple straight losses will finally wake this team up.

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Why be positive? Rockets have only won against >.500 teams and got destroyed by a real team twice and lost to the crappy Lakers.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I still love the Rockets. Even if they have a losing season I'm going to love them. I'll be disappointed, but I'll still watch all their games etc. I started following in 2002. There've been some ups and downs. It's all good.

16. LYT2010

LYT2010 Member

always do! like I always believe Obamacare works, windows 8 rocks, and Harden cares about defense.

17. hahachui

hahachui Member

wake me up when there is ball movement!!!

i remembered that in the last season, even we are down by 20, I am so optimistic and i know they will come back in 5 minutes!
    I need the 2012-2013 rockets !

18. jacky c

jacky c Member

just calm down, some observations...

Take into account what's going on on and off the court, I got a relief and won't worry at all, why? Here is the deal.

If I am Howard, I want rings, I want MVP too. Just like Oneal and Kobe, Oneal got first 3 MVPs, and Kobe got 2. If I back off now, even I got 5 rings, I won't get a MVP at all, cause this team is surrounding Harden now. I want a change, the coach or trades, whatever to make me the alpha dog.

For Harden, he really wants to win. It's his team now, and he won't step down as the alpha dog any time soon. He wants everything happening because of him, not anybody else. From winning stand point, Lin and Beverly are with Harden.

For Lin, it's simple, he just wants to win. He will do whatever he's told to help the team to win. Same as Beverly, they may care about starting spot somehow, but definitely they WANT win more than anything else.

For Parsons, he was no.2 in the team last year, after 6 games, he is sitting 4th in points per game, he is having a big agenda with his coming contract, he already earned far less than he deserved, he definitely wants to keep at least top 3 in team in this commodity league. But Lin took his spot so far after 6 games. (He will treat Lin better today cause he climbs to no. 3 now) He didn't hate nobody, he just wants to keep top 3 in team and make a better paycheck for his own and his family.

For coach McHale, heck, he just wants to be a prefect guy, satisfying the superstars AND winning the games. He didn't hate Jeremy, he just thinks Lin is not good enough. The same as he evaluated him and suggested to cut him on Christmas day 2 years ago.

People trying to say these 2x years old guy to be perfect professional on court, I'd say, man, they are no different than you and me. They got desire, target, personal goal and emotions. So, take it easy, here's my prediction. Howard wants change, before change happens, he will try to do an Anthony back in NY forcing DA leaves. But he is not sure who should go, maybe PGs go because they helped Harden to be that alpha dog. He just wanna do a Oneal + Kobe, split even the MVPs and share the rings. And, a change will come sooner rather than later, Asik, Lin and McHale, change most likely happens between these 3.

And, I would say trading Lin would make everybody happy.:cool: even Lin himself. He wants no part in this Alpha dog's fight. He just wants to help the team win, poor simple guy.:grin:

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but it's optimistic that change is coming, and it's best for the whole team, I am damn sure.;)

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'm a fan. I also really want to win.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

a good thing about a blow out is young guys have the chance to play.

Losing by 1 three pointer or dying in the 3rd and 4th does nothing.