1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

so you are saying the health reports from the Rockets organization are lying about that leg injury. doctor?

2. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

if the starters are as good as advertised they don't need to put in Lin. turns out the starting 5 sucks. so put in the bad bench player. not his fault.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Harden lead this team to the playoffs and balled out while Lin was mysteriously hurt dude...

4. torocan

torocan Member

To be fair, today's injury report was Harden (day to day, bruised foot) and Lin (elbow, probably from that hard fall in Portland).

Both of them clearly weren't playing at 100%.

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Quick recap:
    Howard and Lin played great in the first half and just sort of disappeared in the second half. Lin had what all his 7 assists in the first half? Parsons and Beverley were both very solid tonight (best two players tonight). Harden is just sucking from the arch this season....

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Lin went out and the offense went stagnant. Coincidence? Maybe, but Bev put on a clinic tonight. Like I've said a thousand times, Lin is good, Bev is better.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Nope, it's the opposite. Your superstars are there to perform. That's why expectations of them are higher than the bench.

8. RRockets

RRockets Member

Right. It goes both ways.

Seriously, Lin was very efficient in the first half (his -/+ once reached 25 or something like that. But his third qtr was really hard to watch.

So it is a team loss. And Coach McHale played a big part of this loss. I wonder what else he would say except "ball gets sticky ... "

9. leangle25

leangle25 Member

I thought we did well just that we ran out of gas at the end of 3rd and 4th

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Don't like the fact that this team is so relient on Harden. Dwight, Beverly, and Parson all put up 20 points but we still lost.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What a load of crap, I can only think of 3 plays where he did that. Maybe 2. All the other times he moved the ball or in the 1st half he threw lobs for Howard.

12. boiler

boiler Member

Then he should sit. If you play, I expect you to produce and help your team win. Period.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They were winning after every quarter until the third quarter debacle.

14. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

#releasegregsmith

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

In other words, you don't like the team. Find another one.

16. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

did you even watch the game? don't post if you're just looking at the box scores.

17. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Deep breaths, deeeep breaths.

Fantastic 1st half by Linoboli, 7assists and 1TO...and then the 3rdQ came along, even I was yelling at him thru my computer screen [​IMG]
    Another slow start with those Trashy Towers, when will Coach McHale pull that plug on that mess? [​IMG]

But on the positives;
    Harden was clearly hurting, he had no explosiveness but still contributed with his passing to Howard and the effort on defense! A little effort goes a long way! [​IMG]
    Wolverly's defense! the refs had to give him 2 quick BS foul calls cuz he was making lil CP3 uncomfortable [​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Neither Bev or Lin is a Top 10 PG..... so I don't see why this topic is so hot.
    PG is not the most important spot right now.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not even all the time they have to do it.

Hearing McHale right now his strategy when they needed poitns was "Keep playing and hit the open shot."

:rolleyes:

That seriously better not be what he told them.

20. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

Maybe those things about D12 being a team killer are true?