1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight isn't "thrilled" with PG situation.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 8, 2013.

1. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Damn right. I don't know why fans on this board are talking about how terrible this roster is so early in the season. And it's ridiculous if Dwight is really b****ing about the point guards and calling out Lin.

Teams will lose games, that's a fact. The BEST team in the league every year loses approximately one game out of four. A close one-point loss like this really doesn't mean that much.

Through six games, this team has the #5 offense in the league. It's winning % and point differential put it on pace for about 55 wins.

And really, people are still trashing Lin as a "backup PG" and making him the team scapegoat? That's so 2012.

The guy is averaging a 0.668 TS%. That's insanely good. That's the highest of all regular players on the team by a WIDE margin, and is among the highest in the LEAGUE. He's putting up a 19.0 PER as a 3rd or 4th option.

The hyperventilating is so out of proportion to the team's actual performance. And Dwight needs to STFU and make his free throws. Anyone who gets 16 FTAs shouldn't be complaining about not getting the ball enough.

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

Yea. Lin does that a lot.

If I were a defender... I'd get out of his way or feel the fury of a falling sack of potato.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdMUrZs1pY

He wanted to play with p&r with Lin, watch this video at 2:15 he starts with giving harden praise then says but I'm EXCITED about Lin... goes in to calling it DWINSANITY

read between the lines he is not talking about a certain player he just not happy with how we run the offense no PG

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We should try to trade for Isaiah Thomas...he's small but he's very good and a capable starter

5. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This thread reeks of troll.

6. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Great idea if we have two basketballs. He and Harden would become the best defensive backcourt in NBA!

7. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I'm not thrilled with his 30% FT shooting, blame can be spread everywhere. D12 needs to focus on not making a fool of himself, daily, on an unguarded, FREE shot from only 15 feet.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He knew we didn't have an elite PG when he agreed to sign, so not sure how much I believe this.

9. MichaelG281713

I don't care what Dwight says, I'm tired of these PGs. Both can only play on one side of the floor, and they're not even good at that. Both make way too many D-league mistakes.

It was a mistake to outbid ourselves with Lin. Should be making what Bev makes. Needed that cap space more than anything they're producing right now combined.

We desperately need a true starting PG. The better option for back up would be Bev, as he makes less money. But, it would cost us too much to unload Lin. Other teams would want to be compensated. Remember, Lin said himself, this was his only contract offer.

10. alethios

alethios Member

He hasn't bought into the Harden hero ball offense.

But really, last night was a step back to go two steps forward. Maybe Dwight is the right person to convince James that he's got 4 other guys and to let the PG dictate the flow of the game. The PnR runs much better through Lin and/or Beverley. Harden can get his points, but he's not a point guard.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think Dwight's negative reputation will magnify/exaggerate anything he says about the team. He simply may have made a quick comment to a buddy along the lines of "My guards haven't been great at getting me easy looks." and when word gets around people will think "Oh, Dwight complaining about his team already?The dude is a complete cancer."

Meanwhile, Lin and Beverley can tell each other that Howard is doing an awful job hitting easy free throws, but it doesn't mean that they are complaining about the guy and want change. They're speaking the truth.

Do we know what Dwight said about the guards? Or IF he said anything? We don't. But just because he may have said something doesn't mean he's whining. I'd be shocked if the locker room turns into anything remotely similar to last year in Los Angeles. Dwight chose to be here and he knows he has to make this work. Him. No one else.

13. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

You apparently haven't seen Linsanity in Feb 2012 when Lin throws cross court lob passes to LANDRY F-ING FIELDS and he dunks it in multiple games. And some to Shumpert. Howard needs to make more athletic moves to the basket and show he wants to sky to the lob. Griffin does it. Howard needs to too. Barkley said this during halftime how Howard doesn't show he wants to be in the post.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is the other reason I don't fully believe the hype. He has to know this is his last shot to be taken seriously in this league. This really is "on him." [/T-Mac]

15. torontoman

torontoman Member

Kevin McHale is Cybrex

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clearly did not watch the game closely......
    Lack of spacing, Perimeter D, Transition D cost us games.

Jeremy is playing close to the best basketball in his career.... Pat has been solid but injured
    Aaron is so so

17. torontoman

torontoman Member

Bill Simmons and that Low guy are right. He is not the player he was in 09.
    DH is not the defensive juggernaut and imposing guy he used to be.

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

They're at leat capable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS6EStddEys

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Jarrod Rudolph? Not that you'll say, just my guess.

20. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Seriously, who is the actual PG?