1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard needs to be learning from Tim Duncan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingk, Nov 8, 2013.

1. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

I am not sure the Spurs are a lock for his future services (playing, you are 100% correct). My sincere hope would be TD would return to WFU to coach with his college mates (Larue, Childress). He has seemed to remain somewhat close to the University since graduating.

I believe the Psych Dept is still hoping he goes pro in that field as well.

2. kingk

kingk Member

Rockets will make him an offer he can't refuse..

3. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

he can learn from me (of clutchfans.net)

4. chandlerbang21

Hire Steve Blake and jj redick to teach harden how to shoot

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

We should hire Karl Malone while we are at it.

6. chandlerbang21

A simple jump hook is all Dwight needs and yet he doesn't take them

7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Tim Duncan is all fundamentals. He's like the exact opposite of Howard. Dwight should just be himself and he can dominate by being active and explosive. The only "new skill" he needs is free throws.

8. hat1

hat1 Member

Well said.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

IB4:

We need LeBron to teach Parson, or we need Bruce Bowen to teach Harden, or Jason Kidd to teach Lin, wait, that one actually almost happened!

10. torontoman

torontoman Member

I am not going to the tell you Duncan is still playing. I am going to tell you that the ocean that exists between Hakeem and DH in the footwork department exist between TD and DH in the mental toughness & being a leader/team player departments. Hakeem and Duncan are competitors of a different order.
    Dwight is just a wide,strong, athletic player with little in way of actual basketball skill. He is not the behemoth Shaq was so he cannot really dominate in the same fashion. Shaq with no jumpshot or free throws was such a monster that for roughly 10 years who could rise and dunk the ball on the opponent's entire front line. Dwight can't do that. And at his size he should have had much more offensive game.

11. linsomnia

linsomnia Member

Some people don't understand that players can't just transfer their abilities to other players.

OMG why doesn't dwight just learn how to shoot free throws from Harden so he can shoot 85% like hiM??

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The greatest Pf might not be a good teacher or a willing one.

Howard is a slow learner.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Forget HOF big men -- Dwight needs someone like a Calvin Murphy to teach him how to make free throws in games.