1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/7/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

This x 20

2. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

I'll take a 18 PPG SG with Elite perimeter D over as 25 PG SG with no effort D

3. midway

midway Member

What is with the obsession with the imaginary army of LOH that some posters believe exists?

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

This made me laugh so hard because its so true!!!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He was playing chase around and got caught. Sometimes you cheat around the screen and it works. Other times it falls dramatically short.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

PG is not a sg. just saying

7. SeabrookMiglla

honestly this is why i hardly use the GARM anymore. LOH baiting LOF who should just ignore them. they both are petty for that.

lin played good this game. that is that, much bigger problems with this loss than just lin.

i will just leave it at that.

so stop all of this lin ****, it is seriously annoying as ****.

8. uberjuicey

uberjuicey Member

Chemistry of this team has really been lackluster this season.

9. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I will probably go with George as he is a two-way player.

10. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v6yMXYKcBHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

People can deny it all they want, but Lin is the real face of the Rockets, but with all the blame and none of the glory.

12. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

He played well, offensively and defensively. Just haters being haters

13. midway

midway Member

Forgive me for thinking that Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq know more about basketball than you or Jonathan Feigen and thinking that it was Beverly who blew that.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I bet if you were to talk to all GMs as to which player you would build around....it's no brainer now. I'm sure all of them will pick PG over JH.

15. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

George Plays D
    gonna be hard to resist

16. kastuul

kastuul Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 4m

Oh? McHale: "We were switching 1 through 5." MT @bigb_78: @Jonathan_Feigen Howard wasn't at fault, Lin played chase around, got caught."

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

It looked like they were just chatting LOL. I don't see any yelling going on.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure where you're coming from? :confused:

Firstly, where did you read anything about me 'blaming' Asik? It's very clear the TT experiment isn't working to start games. That's NOT a knock against Asik at all. The Rockets are crap defensively without one of Dwight or Asik on the court at all times. That's evident. Asik is an elite rim protector and rebounder. He's kept us in more games this season than most posters are willing to admit. That said, the TT combo to start games just isn't working and it's quite obvious.

Secondly, you're confusing 'responsibility' with 'accountability'. Not once did I say Harden and Howard were not responsible for their poor play. What I said was that McHale must hold them accountable. Harden ISO ball during critical possessions has spilled over from last season. Why haven't we seen more PnR plays with Howard? Why is Harden getting lit up by lesser SGs? Why aren't we converting on those lob passes, etc.?

Thirdly, there's no way you can just blame one or two or three players for our team's flaws so far. That was the point of my post. Forget ABJs or HOHs or any other divisive, finger-pointing BS. This is a team problem and it's going to be fixed with a team FIRST solution. That means holding each other accountable in order to maximize individual strengths and establish a clear team identity. So far I haven't seen our preseason style of play translate to the first 6 games of the regular season -- not consistenly anyway.

Bottom line: the season is still very young. Asik was injured most of the preseason and needs time to gel with some of his new teammates while sharing PF/C duties with Dwight. Dwight worked hard this offseason and is trying to find his old self (again) on a new team. Regardless of what fans think, it's going to take a little more time. But that doesn't mean TT is what's best for the team early on -- especially defensively. Rockets 3-pt defense is atrocious. Our offensive pace has fallen off drastically from last season. Ball movement is relatively non-existent. It's just a really ugly brand of basketball right now.

McHale and his staff must step in and make adjustments. They should start with defining everyone's roles and working towards a common team identity. Mentally weak teams point fingers, isolate teammates and sulk. It's time to see what type of 'leaders' we've got. If it takes Morey making moves, then so be it.

Those were the points I was making.

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, we're trying to ruin his career here in houston dummy.

20. verysimplejason

5 out of 8 and only one attempt in the 4th... WTF? I don't know what to say... If we can't trust him, trade him for somebody we can trust. LMA? CB? KL? PLEASE!!! Rockets supposed to be dominant. Where's DMo? TJones? GSmith? I guess it's true that Asik and JLin are all in the trading block.