1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Nov 7, 2013.

?

Who is better at this current moment?

1. Harden

132 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. George

198 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

show me the last time Kobe let a JJ Redick caliber player just dominate him like that......

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that was my point. the other dude was pointing out "ohh paul george played well, but when he played a good chicago team he shot terribly"

Harden played horrible vs a legit Western Conference contender in LAC and then well against a team that was 16 games below 500 last year.

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

This poll being made while George is (most likely) on the highs of his season and Harden just came off a big low will lead to skewed results.

If George can actually put up 27/8/4 consistently on 62% TS, than you could legitimately make the case that he's better than Durant. I don't personally think he can keep up numbers anywhere close to that. It's been 5 games; I'm guessing his efficiency will drop significantly and so will his ppg as the season goes on.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No that will not guarantee us coming out of the west.

5. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

Sorry guys I might be in the minority on this one, but I'm gonna say George. I also said PG was the better overall player last season. He didn't score like Harden, but it was more because of the system he was in. He didn't have to be his team's primary play maker. He didn't have to score a ton because he had David West and Roy Hibbert that could also score with ease. This season hasn't really been a big shocker to me. It's just that he has the green light now. The numbers he's putting up in these last 5 games are numbers he put up often last season. I just didn't see it in this many straight games.

6. catch22

catch22 Member

harden is not a top10 player because of his defence. talented offensive players are not as rare as players who is good both ways

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is JJ Redick caliber? Because Redick is playing great to start the season.

He's a guy in the mold of Miller, Martin, and Hamilton. Speaking of Hamilton, he ran Kobe around the court in the finals of all places. I'm not surprised Harden had problems guarding Redick since he gets stuck on screens horribly and loses the ball on his worst days. Fortunate for him, there aren't many guys that score like those guys do.

So what, a bad game here and there doesn't make Harden a inferior player. It feels like around here every time Harden has a bad game a group of posters just pop upt to bash him while they can, because they know the next night he's going to drop 30 and 8 and maybe even hit the game winner so they get it in while they can.

Exactly. Make it during the offseason, not during the highs and lows of the season. If we were to make a thread comparing Harden to the all-time greats after his first two games as a Rocket we'd be saying some silly things. I actually remember a guy comparing him to Jordan.

8. Gil

Gil Member

It's hilarious how overrated Paul George is. George is the better defender but that's about it. Why people pretend he's the second coming of Pippen (not the one on Houston) confuses me.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I agree completely. The way he performed last night against Chicago is closer to what I expect from him moving forward.

6-19 from the field
    2-5 from three
    21 points
    6 rebounds
    3 assists

He has to sustain his season averages for a LOT longer before I buy he's better than Harden.

Harden was massively more valuable on offense last season... like... it wasn't even close.

10. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

I would go with PG, he is a natural born leader. JH is not, he is laid back even lazy, he is worse than Tmac in the charactor dept.

But I doubt either one of them would become a superstar, I don't think either has the talent to beat double team on a constant base.

11. Gil

Gil Member

Keep in mind most of the people voting in favor of George because he's a Two-way player having been polluting the GARM with anti-Beverley posts when that's the very reason he's starting.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

:confused:

Harden beats double teams every game.

Go troll somewhere else.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Usually, George is a good offensive player with great defense. Usually Harden is an elite offensive player with bad defense. That makes it close, but Harden's dynamic ability to make others better gives him an edge.

So far this year, George has been a great, maybe even elite offensive player, while Harden hasn't been elite (still great). But due to the difference defensively, George has obviously been better so far. But I think his offensive #s will come back down to earth, while Harden will get more comfortable. That being said, George's offensive improvement makes this tougher than it was a few weeks ago.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

George's numbers will come down. The dip started last night.

I had people in a sports group on FB trying to tell me that George's offensive game is more complete. SMH

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now it's George hands down but hard to judge after one or two weeks.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Folks would be happy to have either on their team.

DD

17. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Indiana has been playing against very weak teams so far. They had the easiest first 5 games of any contending team by far.

Once you have a real sample size, let's say 25 games, after which the Pacers will have played the Nets, Grizzlies, Spurs, Timberwolves, Thunder, Knicks and Heat, and Rockets, we can talk.

Right now though, it's pretty safe to predict PG will revert to the mean and will not be a comparable offensive player to Harden this season. George doesn't know how to score on drives, which is the most efficient offensive play in the NBA. I don't care how good his jump shot is, you don't get into the Lebron/Durant/Melo/Kobe/Harden tier of godlike scorers if you can't drive to the basket and score.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

This.

19. ada32

ada32 Member

The question is loaded! Who is better at the current moment!

Harden
    25.2 PPG 4.2 APG 4.0 RPG 22.84 PER

George
    25.8 PPG 4.0 APG 8.2 RPG 27,17 PER

Of course, it is George now but I have faith in the Beard!

20. Play07

Play07 Member

yes george numbers will come down because he has to do alot of work there are no other play makers on his team.

like i said before this isnt about who is better, to me its about would I do a trade and who would fit better for the rockets to go far in playoffs.

I would take george a two sided player that wont have to iso as much here, that can be even more efficent rebound and get assist and DEFENSE.

howard + PF + george + lin + bev > howard + PF + parsons + harden +bev

with this you could have parsons, casspi, garcia, asik coming off the bench thats a deeper team, more ball movement, and way more defense... and you can have 9 man rotation which would keep players more healthy for playoffs