1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's been the greatest surprise so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Pleasant surprises: Casspi (dirt cheap and great production), Garcia, Lin, Howard's FT

Not so pleasant: Parsons's shot, Harden's defense, general defensive rotation.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rebounding and shooting 50% from three?

Remember, this is including preseason. PB has basically improved in everything he can improve on. He's maximized his potential.

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Casspi and Garcia. These guys have been MONEY from 3 point land.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

everybody who watches all the games so far is going to say casspi. otherwise you're not watching the games as a rockets fan.

I think greg smith would also breakout if the coaches give him minutes.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Last year Parsons averaged 10 pts on 38% shooting through 6 games last year, people need to chill the f**k out with Parsons.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Casspi driving and actually hitting consistently.

Lin being efficient.

Biggest disappointment is Parsons but I think he'll bounce back.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons hasn't played that badly. His shot is off, but he's still doing his thing rebounding, fast breaks, cuts, etc.. He's overhelped on D, but that's different from simply not playing D. Neither Casspi or Garcia can handle the ball and make plays.

8. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

Casspi. His shooting is not lights out like Garcia but he's shown that he can drive the lane and pass as well. Amazing!

Garcia had nice drives to the basket as well.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Caspi and its not close...

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

The only improvement i see with Lin is his 3pt shot. He still plays out of control sometimes and turns the ball more than he should. he needs to get out of that running through the lane/jumping up in the air, and not know where or what hes going to do with the ball next. He's pretty on par with how he's played last year.

Casspi gets my vote. i cant really vouch for any starters until after this week once we start playing teams worth mentioning. Except for LA we've been playing fairly easy teams that everyone should be doing in.

11. dragician

dragician Member

Caspi's confidence. The two former kings (Franciso) are teh best role players so far.

And yes, Dwight can shoot FT now.

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

My god where have some of you been. Dwight took a team to the finals by himself. He is still recovering from back surgery and looks it. His footwork is improving regardless of how smooth he looks (not smooth). Dwight has been incredible for years.

Casspi!!!! Very nice! I'm loving the versatility at different positions.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not really surprised with much. I expect a good many growing pains, maybe all the way through the All Star break. We should be rolling by then. Lin and Beverly are playing well (except the injuries). The twin tower experiment is predictably struggling, but can work at least for spot duty. Harden is flashing some all world talent and so is Howard. Casspi and Garcia are money, real gun slingers. The perfect role players. Parsons will play into form. A solid PF still seems to be missing. Apparently, McHale doesn't think much of the "youngsters" for this role.

14. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Caspi and Lin

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Casspi for sure.

I don't understand why everyone is bashing Parsons. He's done fine except for his three point shooting, and he's only taken 18 three pointers this season. So, I think it's a little early to be so down on Parsons. Overall I think Parsons has done well, and we may have lost the Utah game if it were not for his excellent play in that game.

16. Grinds

Grinds Member

Casspi.

He rebounds, defends, and last but not least, he shoots.

Lin is finishing better and his spot up shooting has improved.

Our bench is amazing. We have a championship caliber squad. Biggest concern is the turnovers.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Both cisco and omri are shooting just over 46% from three. Those two have really saved the team early on.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Casspi without a doubt.

I'm also surprised to see the improvement of both Lin and Bev. Both of them show good improvement from last year and we should be good at the point as long as they stay healthy.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Casspi. /thread

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Casspi. Shoots and passes well.

If we ever need to start small, wouldn't mind seeing him in the starting lineup.