1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garcia's death stare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Nov 5, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no i'm saying he's not doing the same things as Paul does which is flop from no contact at all

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but CP3 is on a totally different level that's all I'm saying

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As Rocket fans, we definitely need to accept that our team gets more than their fair share of "superstar" calls.

That doesn't change the fact that some games have still been extremely bad over the past few years, specifically the Clippers game.

The NBA has become really hard to watch as a Rockets fan with a "just let them play" mentality.

4. Glide_N_Dream

Glide_N_Dream Member

Rockets Red Glare...

5. Grinds

Grinds Member

The GIFs in this thread show contact, not much contact, but there is contact. The difference is James mostly only embellishes when he has the ball.

More specific to the Clipper game: Garcia made contact, stared down Paul, then backed off while Paul was still moving toward him. Paul did nothing b****y/weak in that particular situation. If anything, Garcia was the one who punked out.

Predictably, many of the posters comments have been biased. Fans being fans.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LOL this might end up being one of the classic moments of the season. Gets me everytime.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

Paul kept on slapping at the ball after the whistle was blown. Garcia gave him an elbow and stared him down but didn't go at him b/c he didn't want to get T'd up. Garcia could obviously destroy Paul if he needed to. Paul is a punk, b****, and flopper. Case closed.

8. afk

afk Member

Agreed. I actually wanted something to happen after what Flop city pulled all night that game.

9. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'll give you an example of when the 'why' of what I'm about to tell you and the 'real' reason of why I told you that something are equivalent-- you're devaluing the objectifiable relative position of Garcia, and overvaluing Paul's because of the who they play for. You're overcompensating for people's bad opinions, which will exist until the end of time (in anything and everything), from the reference of being on a rocket fan site.

The irony is that you are essentially doing the same things that you are claiming you dislike and have even developed an arrogance about it. You know what is objective though? This:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hcxXGPDC1Gs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even take away all the jerseys, fans, colors, faces,... everything, you have uniquely something reacting in great magnitude to ****ing nothing in relation to the other uniquely something.

That personifies Paul, strongest in the domain of the basketball court, with taking away those 'biases' you claim to dislike so much.

He's a tool and so are you. Have a nice rest of your day.

10. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

CP3 ELITE flopper compilation

<iframe width="650" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NeRG5qHIxJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Paul was being pesty, similar situation with Beverley-Gasol this preseason. Garcia backed off first (1 step before Parsons stepped in) while Paul NEVER did. Does that FACT mean I think Paul would whoop Garcia's ass? No. I'm just stating what happened. If you take your blinders off, you can too.

The contact is DC's left hand and Paul's right hand right before Paul flops. Cousins slightly swiped like he was brushing off a pest. Look again.. Can you see it? Paul's embellishment was way over dramatic, it was some b**** ish, but overall he nor his game should be marked as "b****, weak, punkish, flopper", neither should Harden's (unless you're an overemotional fanboy).

As for your assertion about my biasedness, fool please. I don't care about Chris Paul, I just call things how I see them. If you take your blinders off, you can too.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

And before one of you blind bats justifies Beverley because it happened pre-whistle, justify those scratches.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Because our GM drafted/traded for floppers (who are no longer on the team) we can't call out floppers on any other team right now. Is this some type of rule? I hated their flopping and I hated that the Rockets were considered a floppy team back then.

14. rocketshopeful

15. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

CP3 is a flopper, and Cisco is a warrior. Don't mess with him again if I were you, CP3. LOL.

16. chrisgraham

chrisgraham Member

Chris Paul is a serious flopper-best in the league...I think it is hilarious....Anyways I noticed a foul on Paul by Lin and when Lin was walking to the bench(from being pulled) he does a big flopping motion...I thought that was really funny too.