1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate to be that guy, but these refs tonight..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Nov 4, 2013.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Terrible officiating, but not the reason we lost. Still, I hate one sided referees like tonight. That one play where Parsons went in for that monster jam and they called a foul on Greg Smith, I didn't see him do anything.

2. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Ref got us out of our game.

The fouls on paul were not shooting or reaching in. Majority were just standing too close. Cp3 does a bit of acting when he brushes by Lin.

Why calls these????? They never get called with any other player. Lin doesnt even reach in for the ball.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess I'm used to these from the time we had Yao. Dude gets scratched and hammered in the paint and no whistle. On the flip side, when he breaths on a driving player it's a foul.

Happens to Yao and will happen a lot more to Dwight.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Vid posted by Crashlanded19, you can see it on #79 also.

5. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

I'm trying to explain this **** to my cousin, but he's telling me i'm a homer. I'm like you have to have seen the one sided tic tac calls. Of course, we played lazy as hell and that's why we lost, but the refs caused the blowout IMO. It was horrid last night. Somebody had to cover a point spread or some **** or something.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Well I don't know if you have been reading my post wrong or just don't understand but that's the point I'm trying to make. There are superstar calls in the NBA. Is there a rule in the NBA that says when a star player goes to the basket or whatever, he should get a foul called? No, there isn't so there shouldn't be a discrepancy over the treatment of one player to another. Last night and on many occasions it was plain to see there was a discrepancy especially with the calling of CP3.

CP3 is a great player but I don't think anyone would disagree with the motion that he takes advantage of the refs and knows how to get a call better than most players in the NBA.

7. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Poor Greg Smith..

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Clearly there were other factors beyond the refs that caused us to lose but yeah they were awful.

What I don't understand is how there can be so much video evidence of Chris Paul's antics and yet he's still catered to. If I was a ref Id be a little pissed that he's continuously trying to deceive me.

Unfortunately between Doc Rivers and Chris Paul the refs are being intimidated.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

While refs were the only reason we lost, they were a big reason. Free throws don't account for offensive fouls, moving screens, over the back, or missed calls and that was on premium last night in favor of the Clippers. Every time Reddick or Dudley got open for a shot last night, their big men were moving on their screens. We could have fought more over the screen but that should be a foul. And the missed calls killed us!

10. Nero

Nero Member

This is true. It sure seemed that the refs deliberately handed the clips a 20 point lead in the 1st quarter, and the rout was on. The fact that we even fought back to within 10 on multiple occasions in the game is a testament to the willpower of our team, even in the face of poor play and bad officiating.

Swallow it and move on - it's not like we were going to go 82-0

11. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

I think all things considered, things aren't as bleak as the score would indicate. What could possibly go wrong went wrong. Harden was garbage tonight. Foul trouble. Bad officiating. Yet, many times we came within single digits. We have time to fix this. Plenty of time.

12. Mprice

Mprice Member

Terrible officiating, our guys couldn't get into the game at all.

13. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I was at the game and I know it's early in the season but that was the worst officiating I've seen so far. I was getting irritated at all the game stoppages

The reffing pretty much took Dwight and Lin out of the game by putting them in early foul trouble. Though honestly with the Rox crappy D, I doubt they would've made much of a difference

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

True but this was a game we could and should have won. At least would have been nice to win. If you take the first quarter out of the game (where the refs made the most impact especially in the call of Dwight's 3rd personal). We kept up with the Clippers 95-93 and that takes into account that the last 4 minutes McHale cleared the bench and the Clipper's reserved bumped up their point totals. So we can hang with the Clippers. No problem.

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Personally, I'm way more upset with our D than the ref's biasness.

16. SevenMinuteAbs

Our video team should make a montage of all the flops and terrible calls from this game and play it on the big screens before player intros on Saturday. That would be the best thing ever.

17. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This guy can't retire soon enough for my taste. I am tired of the slime and rigged system.

18. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

Jeremy does take a beating and he's always bleeding. I saw this same crap with Yao and his scratches and cuts constantly up and down his back and arms. They were both very passive in that regard. Jeremy needs to develop a mean streak or these players will continue to target him for cheap shots his whole career.

19. dianelo

dianelo Member

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

CP3 is not just a flopper, he's a dirty player. You'd think someday the refs would pick up on that.