1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

One of the announcers said just that look alone deserves a technical lol.

2. HardLin

HardLin Member

Though I'm disappointed by the loss, not a bad game overall.

1) We scored enough points. Most games 118 points is enough for a W.
    2) We got into a 17 point deficit the first quarter and never caught up. Though I was cursing the whole game, we basically fought them even the other 3 quarters.
    3) Jordan, Griffin, and Reddick went to the bench for good in the 4th with 5 fouls. I was tracking their fouls all game long. If Dwight had not been benched in the first half due to bad officiating (or if Harden had been on his game) some of these boys would have fouled out early, possibly sparking a Rockets comeback.
    4) Clippers had more rest than the Rockets, and it showed. The reverse will be true Saturday.
    5) I thought Lin had a decent game offensively and an average game defensively. Patrick Beverley was sorely missed.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because if they say that here they get BANNED. Those trolls can keep their JeremyLin.net.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Is Francisco single? I find his rage oddly appealing. :eek:

5. figment

figment Member

Can someone please make an animated gif of the GarciaGlare? It would make my night.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Just run along to Jeremy lin .net and wish cancer and aids on the players. You fake fans aren't fooling anyone.

7. Grigori

Grigori Member

To be fair to Harden, as poorly as he played on defense, Garcia was just as bad tonight. LAC's wings were wide open all game. Garcia setting that screen for CP3 near the end was just the cherry on top of a horrendous defensive night. Even Asik and Howard were repeatedly losing track of their men. It was weird watching those two not playing defense. Parsons, Casspi, Lin, and Smith were the only ones playing defense tonight, but the LAC were moving the ball well and finding the gaping holes from HOU's sleepwalkers for easy assists/hockey assists all game.

Was Harden injured? I mean, Garcia hadn't been able to keep up with active wings for years, but Harden just looked two steps slower tonight all game. Maybe Harden just partied too hard before the game.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Forgot to mention: the twin towers has been pretty bad. I'd bring Asik off the bench and start Casspi. Have Greg Smith back up Casspi. Only one of Asik/Howard should be in the game. We have gotten off to slow starts EVERY time they start the game together.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think it's from both fronts....you have two extreme sides that don't understand this simple fact.

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

Or it may have been the refs with those two phantom fouls.

Lin had one TO and that's good and all, but I can't help but wonder if that means maybe Lin was not playing aggressive enough but was playing it too safe? Especially since Harden was not playing well. Maybe he should have attacked the basket more to make Chris Paul try to guard him.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I can't believe anybody is complaining about Lin tonight. Lin had a good game, CP is going to get his and if some of the other Rockets would have played better D CP's numbers wouldn't be so good.

We all know that the game was lost because of Harden, this was probably one of his worse games as a Rocket. That's ok though because Harden is always great, he will come back and play strong.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Hopefully CP3 would flop less next time!
    This is a problem. Hope he improves with Dream but otherwise we need PnR with him and Lin more.

13. formido

formido Member

I hate watching Chris Paul play. I hate how the refs let him distort the game with his bull**** antics. Chris Paul fouls Garcia and GARCIA gets a tech. Chris Paul pretends to trip on Lin and draws a foul. It ruins the game for me.

14. rokit

rokit Member

president of the union is such a despicable little human being

15. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

He looked at cp3 wrong. Serious.

16. Gil

Gil Member

Seems like all the rational fans stopped posting on Game Threads. And for a great reason too. Every post game analysis always seems to be about Lin. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Good night everyone

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least the Rockets can get this taste out of their mouths tonight.

Less than 20 hours away.

18. New

:) Yeah... I realize that. I think Lin is decent 3/4 of the whole game. Call me crazy if you want, but I do hope he can grow faster! It is good to criticize his game based on facts. What we do not need is blaming him for something he did not do.

19. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

What happened to the offense? Doesn't look like we set up anything organized. How did we get to 116 with Black Amish on scoring 15pnts?

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

1 our Pick n roll defense sucks.
    2 our no midrange game strategy is so wasting talent.
    3 Coach Mchale sucks . Offense System is so predicable.