1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to sell high on Parsons!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. quatin

quatin Member

It works, because Harden is such a serious threat on the drive. Parsons will camp on the corner 3 spot, waiting for Harden to draw a double team from his defender. Therefore, when Parsons gets the kick out pass, his defender is already out of position. Parsons is a 3 point threat, so when he makes his pump fake, his defender has to bite and make a sort of leaping forward block attempt. This makes it very easy for Parsons to get by. If you watch game 2, where Parsons was trying to play ISO with the ball to start, he couldn't get past his defender or make any "in your face" jump shots.

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

No retraction necessary. That was an epic 2nd post. Parsons=lubricant...classic. Made me laugh.

3. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

lins not really the one to talk either...

4. BUAAXuHan

BUAAXuHan Member

Interesting…You guys uncle sam are so evil.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Alright, alright, my bad. I searched "Lin game winning shot gif" and that's what I got. It's about clutch genes and it was the most famous game winning shot he has made. It was also nice that he just abused Calderon again after letting him score in the preseason.

And this isn't really a game winning shot. I really can't find a game winning shot by Lin in Rockets uniform. First of all, I don't think it's really that inappropriate, secondly, if you think there are so many, why don't you post them?

6. Lihao

Lihao Member

Clutch shot doesn't just mean game winning shot , i did posted a clutch shot of him and it's not me who wanted to post Lin gif , why would i need to search for you?
    In case you don't know , this is a Rockets forum and in the section of Rockets discussion , you think it's nothing wrong when you posted a player performance for their previous team ? Seriously , Rockets fan don't care about what he did before in New York but how he is performing in Houston.

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Morey has been pretty good about not overpaying for players. He made a mistake on Scola when he already on the decline, athletically. It'll be interesting to see what he does here. I don't even think parsons is worth 8 million a year. Guys like him are not that hard to replace.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That would be a dream come true, but I don't see Adelman helping us out no matter what. We'd sooner get Dirk from Mark Cuban.

Bev/Brooks/Canann
    Harden/Brewer
    Garcia/Covington
    Love/Jones
    Dwight/DMo

That's a horrible bench, but the starting unit is enough to make up for it.

9. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Bench is bad but Morey will work his magic, no doubt.

10. tada

tada Member

No depth will not work...

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

IF the Rockets are lucky enough to trade for say.... a third star player, and they are lucky enough to get either Love, Aldridge, or Griffin, Parsons might not be a deal breaker for those teams because here are the facts-

1. Parsons isn't a franchise player, he's the irreplaceable jack-of-all trades player that makes star players better, and is the glue that holds the team together. He's worth paying if you already have your core in tact, but probably not if you do not have a franchise player or players.

2. He's about to get paid in free agency.

So any team moving their star player after or during a disappointing season (assuming one of these 3 teams has one), will most likely be moving their guy because they want to rebuild or retool around other players. Any team wanting to rebuild will want these 4 things first and foremost-

A. Assets
    B. Draft picks
    C. Financial freedom
    D. Young talent

Chandler Parsons only gives them one of these and the asset that he is only lasts a season or two until he hits free agency, and they probably let him walk to a contending team with cap space.

If the Rockets are making a big deal the two big names from the Rockets side needing to be included to get the deal done are going to be one of Asik and/or Lin, then it comes down to the sweeteners which are the draft picks, and young talent (assuming Jones/D-Mo/etc. create SOME value for themselves this year).

So IMO Parsons and trade shouldn't be a consideration for the front office right now. There really is no reason to bring up his name in trade discussions, and I doubt it will be a huge deal breaker for a team looking to rebuild for reasons previously mentioned. At the end of the day it comes down to Asik/Lin, draft picks, and young talent.

12. LAC

LAC Member

I think Parsons has the work ethic part but the concern is if/when his fame seeking nature overcomes hard work.

I am not going to make this a Lin thread, so you should just go check out Jonathan Feigan's twitter and see for yourself.

13. never_panic

never_panic Member

No thx rather have the team we have now over that

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Parsons is a top five player on this team. His salary is bottom five.

Only an idiot would trade him or post a thread saying we should trade him.

15. howo13579

howo13579 Member

LMAO at this thread. Even if he still played badly against Utah, You don't trade away your minimum wager like Parsons when you can still exploit his salary for 2 more years.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

No Omri Casspi? Even with Love, not liking this line up. Lack of depth is brutal. Unless Camby has another year left in him. Bring Dragic back some how then maybe.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm actually alright with Lin driving, the problem is he always holds the ball for 1-2 seconds before actually driving, so the defence is already set and makes the drive harder and more contested.

And I have to agree on selling high on Parsons. I'd love for him to evolve into the 3rd star, but I just don't see it. His jumper is as flat as ever, and to be a star you have to be able to take guys 1-on-1, and he doesn't seem to be able to do that. but I would hold off trading him until next season, just to get Dwight happy, and not trade the person who brought him in.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Trade Parsons and give 4mill each to Casspi and Cisco.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

garcia is my hero.

20. Rivers

Rivers Member

We could easily get Rudy Gay + Demar Derozan or even maybe Josh Smith