1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

If game seven is in SA, do the Spurs still lose?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'd prefer Lin over Brooks in the starting lineup due to the way Calderon shredded the Rockets defense last game they played. Lin got torched, but if that's any indication, Brooks would be torched even worse to start the game.

Also, I wont be shocked if Brewer finds his way into the rotation a little bit. This team is going to need some perimeter defensive help pretty quick.

3. pakattak

pakattak Member

Especially considering how he's an above average rebounder and finisher for his position. Stretching that high up with torn muscle on your chest must be... uncomfortable.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It sucks, but you have quality backups in Lin and Brooks. I'm sure they'll still play well while he's out, just take a step back defensively on the ball.

A Harden injury of any significance would be absolutely devastating though.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It gives us a chance to see how Lin/Harden/Parsons/Howard/Asik works. I wouldn't even see Lin as a "backup" to Beverley. It's not that he doesn't start because he is a worse player. He doesn't start because the assumption (which I share) is/was that Beverley is a better fit with Harden. But let's see how this works...

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wonder who else is banged up? See bold/underlined:

Funny how the concern during the offseason was Dwight's health.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We have more bigs than guards

8. pippsux

pippsux Member

Insult?

Mighty tough behind your keyboard. I wont stoop to your childish, cowardly insult. You don't have to insult, especially since you dare not say it face to face.

I am not a fan of Lin's fans who have put weither he starts or not above the team. It's ok if you like a player but don't be blind.

You have a blessed day and stay classy.

9. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Disgusting seeing my fellow LOFs on twitter basically thanking god for Bev's injury that let's Lin start again

10. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

Really? Fist of all, age is not a prerequisite for rookie status. Assuming the NBA is the pinnacle of professional basketball and Beverley started playing meaningful minutes for the first time in 2013, I don't think calling him a rookie is an insult. I would say it's quite the opposite given journeymen players don't typically re-invent their game. The rookie label should increase his stock value and suggests his ceiling has yet to be reached. Any mistakes he commits can also be written off as immaturity. How being labeled a rookie could be construed as anything but a positive is beyond my comprehension.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most of the guys seemed to get injured minor in practice first.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Any chance Canaan gets activated?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. Tough blow.

I hope that when he comes back he'll be fully recovered, and it's not something that will hamper him for the rest of the year.

14. novaman

novaman Member

Here's hoping that Bev will have a speedy recovery.

15. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

Lin came up grimacing after falling from a layup. Reports mentioned a calf strain and he didn't stay for the second half of Thursday's practice.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Roger Mason started because Wade was not playing.

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Wish him speedy and full recovery.

I feel for PB, and this is very unfortunate and happened at bad time.

After all the heated debate and widely reported starting line up change, PB, as hard as he works on and off the court, he wants to show the world that he can do the job well. I guess McHale needs to show that his decision was right.

Now this, we put Lin back into the starting line up. If Rockets play well and keep winning, what do they do after PB is back? Put him back to bench? Then people will really ask McHale, WTH were you doing and where did that "better fitting" argument come from? Send Lin back to the bench immediately? Just because they had a theory of better fitting, they are going to move away from winning?

If Lin sucks big time in the starting line up, playing along with Harden and Howard, decision will be a lot easier for everyone. But nobody wants the Rockets to lose to prove a theory, do we?

Any how, just want PB to come back 100% and quickly.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I wish Beverley a Godspeed recovery, he's tough as nails in defense, and we need everyone on board to nail the coffin down!

Go Rockets!!!

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I feel the same way. All of those who follow the Rockets, even Lin fans,wish Pat a speedy recovery and feel he is an important part of the team.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I was really impressed with AB's ability to play 11 minutes without shooting. I didn't think he had it in him.