1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Beverley is tough, he'll come back in a week.

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Rockets are so fortunate to have 3 quality PGs. Wish Beverley a speedy recovery.

AB0 time! Wouldn't be surprised to see him go off on someone within the two weeks. Dude is quality. Or maybe I'm just getting flashbacks from the time he went off on the Lakers a couple years ago in the playoffs?

BTW who cares about who's getting the starting gig! As long as we win, I could care less if Lin starts or not.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That was posted at midnight the same night of the opener, before he'd even had an X-ray. That's why I said earlier in the thread I'd keep my pessimism to myself... I knew he was probably just being hopeful/optimistic.

4. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

You don't want him to aggregate his injury. Better safe than sorry, especially at the beginning of the season

5. clutz

clutz Member

I imagine some fans in OKC are cheering, too.

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

not weird. you can't get a good evaluation during a game. he said it after a game and before a good and close evaluation. now, the real result came back. that's it.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

AB only sucked stat-wise. He ran the team pretty well -- it was during his first stint that they finally started to pull ahead of the Bobcats. We'll be just fine with him. Defense will suffer a bit, but Dwight's offense will pick up, because AB is a better post passer than Bev.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ugh. It sucks. After a relatively healthy preseason this happens. And right before a 4 games in 5 nights stretch, too. But this is why you want quality players even for the 9th-13th spots that aren't normally in the rotation. One injury and guys like Brooks, Brewer, Smith, etc. become needed to play.

9. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

That comment is not unlike Clyde's commentary during games where he belabors the same statement - Lin needs to learn how to fall.

Beverley's aggressiveness is seen as his best quality and could be seen as a risk. Athletes who haven't conditioned their bodies for explosive movements run a greater risk of injury. I'm not saying Beverley isn't conditioned, but he is a relative rookie. I can liken this to watching average joe's take up crosfit programs and overextend themselves in the first few months because they lacked the conditioning to build up their core and extremity muscles.

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I know people say " he's tough and will comeback sooner than 10-14 days" but the risk of sustaining an injury related to coming back is to high a risk when it comes to ribs. Take as long as needed to be 100%. We need u for the long haul PB

11. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Lin is better defensively than Brooks. Brooks is aids on that end of the floor

12. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

They're the same knuckleheads who mailed/tweeted death threats to Beverley.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Championships are not won in November, he should rest.

14. clutz

clutz Member

AB generally moved the ball pretty well in the preseason but still concerned the ball gets stickier when the second unit comes in. Heavier minutes for Lin, Harden -- may keep his back loose but obviously not great in the long run.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It's not like bev is a 19 year old rookie. He got drafted in 2009 and then bounced around the world having to play off his aggressiveness to make it back. Calling him a rookie is a huge slap in the face to him

16. KlutchQT

I brought both my Bev and Garcia shirts with me today just b/c I had a feeling this would happen. I'll rep Cisco tonight and save my new Bev gear for when he's back & healthy. :grin:

17. KlutchQT

And is there a Harden update I'm missing?

18. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

Talk about terrible timing.

19. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Time to start Aron Brooks.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

PatBevFan faints