1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

how's Harden though?

2. RRockets

RRockets Member

Another Idiot. As someone already pointed out earlier, it is not Bev against Lin thing.

3. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 4m

James Harden on playing his sore back: "It loosened up a lot. So hopefully I’ll be ready to play tonight.."

4. Exel

Exel Member

This sucks. Get well fast, Beverley!

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

hopefully its nothing like steve blake had

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

we, Rockets fans had suffer enough, please basketball gods, let the injury bug leave our team, pretty please

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's just stupid. It's not a known fact that the team is better with Beverley starting, I haven't seen anything that shows that it is. Sure Lin played good coming off of the bench but he also played well with the starters. I'm sorry Beverley is hurt and I hope he comes back soon even if he returns to the starting line up. I'm excited to see the offense really flow with Lin in the starting line up.

#287 Billionzz, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. kastuul

kastuul Member

I know Bev. will get injured at some point b/c of his style.

Not expecting that soon.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

Wait, will Lin start in the game against the Knicks?

10. pakattak

pakattak Member

I still think Jeremy should come off the bench, or at least sit maybe 4 or 5 minutes in so he can get some burn with the second unit.

I really like the idea of Lin playmaking and setting up Cass and Cisco, and I want him to get as comfortable in that role as quickly as possible.

11. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

You can do that by staggering James and Lin's minutes like we tried sometimes last season. As far as I recall, I worked pretty well.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think many people thought this last year, not at 4 or 5 minutes in, but that Lin should come out early unless he is on a roll then come back in when Harden goes out.

13. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

I assumed he would start regardless if Beverley was healthy. The matchup offers way too much Linsanity drama not to go with Lin. And as I've said before, I can appreciate the case for starting Beverley's where his defensive tenacity against prolific starters is of great value, but against the Knicks PG's, the value for starting Beverley equate.

14. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Classy

15. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Honestly think AB should start and keep Lin fresh with the 2nd unit during the initial burst. Lin should play 36 minutes tonight, but the second unit needs that supreme burst and a fresh Lin as soon as they enter.

16. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Correction: it worked.

17. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

fixed

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Agree.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Still think Brooks doesn't have a place on this team???

2 people like this.
  20. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Pat said he is good to play yesterday. Now the office said he needs 10-14 days. So weird to me. Anyway. Hope he's getting well soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thanks to everyone who checked on me. I'm good and will be playing against the Mavs friday</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/395779945068113920">October 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>