1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 10/31/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2013.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Both of these teams are overrated. I think the clippers are more so because everyone things Blake is a superstar and how Doc is going to make DJ, Blake and others more effective. Blake doesn't command a double team and has poor post up and post moves. In a half court set, the Clippers better be shooting great or they won't win.
    The warriors are overrated for their "playoff run" and their style of play. They are a super team to watch but in a half court set, they too better be shooting lights out.
    Both teams have been already labeled favorites out the west because it seems like the popular opinion and that's overrated in a nutshell.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

we need some anecdotal evidence of this. I dont think Bogut is that good but he plays hard and is physical; people don't like it. It's man's game in the post; there is scratching, poking, and tugging going on all the time.

I hate when people get angry when someone just doesn't let you get position in the post..

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Might be becuase he called our team C U N Ts on twitter last year after we showered them with three's and they had to intentionally foul us to stop the embarassment.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I mean there is a whole thread about how underrated Dwight is in the post. I dont need advanced stats. DWIGHT IS A GOOD POST PLAYER.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Warriors going nowhere with this pathetic defense.

6. Convictedstupid

The Bogut-Garnett skirmish, he and Javale getting into it last playoffs, the twitter incident with us. The dude just gets under peoples skins.

7. clippy

clippy Member

You can't say Dwight is a good post player and say Griffin isn't, because they generate their offense in essentially the same way and are both efficient around the hoop. But you really should consult the advanced stats to see that this is the case, because as fans we aren't always rational.

8. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I don't want to argue anymore, in the fear of being labelled a Clippers fan lmfao but Blake's also 24 so he still has a good amount of time to improve. I mean Dwight is still learning and he's 28

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight is still developing a refined Post game but it is a myth that he is a bad Post player. Furthermore, a refined post game for a dominate player is overrated. Dream needed that Post game because he was undersized. Look at all the best Dominate true Centers (not counting Dream) they all had 1-3 moves MAX.

Clippers have 0 post game. Clippers are not the Rockets.

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

bro Griffin averaged 0.832 points per post up last year while Howard averaged .740

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know much about advanced stats, someone else can do that and post it. I do know that Dwight gets a double team when he is in the post. Blake has Small Forwards and single coverage on him nightly.

Bball is such a nuanced sport, everyone is still learning, even past their primes, but I just don't think that Blake will work on his game because of his superhero athleticism. Dwight hasn't added much to his game since he has been in the league but you have seen growth in his game since working with Dream. His years with Ewing as his big man coach was worthless because Ewing was a jump-shooting big man.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Let's hope that Howard improves that this season. My feeling is that his career numbers are much better than that though.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

like I said I don't know the stats, BUT Howard was hurt and had his worst year while still averaging a double/double and leading the league in rebs. PLUS, Pringles was not giving Dwight the ball the in post which was a point of contention. I would like to see what he did BEFORE he got to the Lakers.

14. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Anybody else getting tired of seeing the same commercials over and over again on TNT?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Flop flop flop ....and flop</p>&mdash; demarcus cousins (@boogiecousins) <a href="https://twitter.com/boogiecousins/statuses/396131704814833665">November 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. clippy

clippy Member

I think what's happening here is that you are a Rockets homer so you are going to overrate Dwight and underrate Griffin. Griffin gets doubled constantly in the post-- Mark Jackson isn't doing it so much this game (although Griffin has at least three post scores and one post assist so maybe he should). Both of these guys are perfectly competent post players. Griffin's main weakness is not that he can't score from the post; it's that he can't shoot which limits his ability to exploit other PFs off the dribble since they can play him close.

17. gambingo

gambingo Member

my goodness, Deandre missed that last ft by a good foot

18. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, no post game at all. GTFO

19. dayanm

dayanm Member

best airball free throw, right there!! good job DJ..

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Paul with the acting job. Again.