1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Also, I paid attention to team performance on the second leg of a back to back during the early part of the season and tried to leverage that during the second half of the season.

2. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I get staying away from double digit spreads but the clippers have no go to scorer. The rockets can be carried by harden or howard. The rockets usually play well at home and if the rockets can't cover -2.5 vs the bobcats at home, we are in for a long long season.

Moreover if the heat can't cover 1.5 points when the original spread was 11.5 vs the lowly sixers then i will be stunned. The sixers are utterly turrrrrible

I admit the clippers burned me last night but i didn't think the lakers bench mob was gonna hang 41 points in the 4th quarter.....nobody on earth saw that coming.

The lakers have shooters who were hitting: henry,blake,meeks,farmar,wes johnson were all raining 3 balls it was borderline ridiculous, but thats the NBA

I don't see the bobcats doing that bc their explosive player kemba is going to be hounded by beverly

3. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I meant try to stay away from double digit spreads (even though i'm taking the rockets -11 tonight)

4. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

The legend has returned folks!! I'm back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yV-JL72P8b0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Guys, how much of games watching do you consider when making a bet? I mean, do you think watching games is an advantage when betting? I'm not talking about live betting, but watching different teams and getting better idea about their future performance.

The reason I ask is I can't watch the games and I don't know if that's any kind of handicap.

6. supermandan

supermandan Member

ive missed this thread. welcome back.

7. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Have you put on a few pounds since last year?

8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

please subscribe to me fellow rocket fans so I can become a world sensation.

9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

It helps to understand how teams matchup against each other. I watch most rocket games and a handfull of non-rocket games each week. I don't watch the entire game when its not a rockets game.

10. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

lol ouch. but I probably have. damn I guess I should start hitting the gym. damn beer gut!

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

That should hit. UH has covered the spread every game this season and line movement suggests that Texans are the play on sunday.

Welcome back supermandan my man.

Luv it... I'm on the Cavs +3.5 and Pelicans -1 tonight. I wanna play a few more games, but I'm going to try and stay disciplined. Good luck guys.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Rockets/Bobcats is a carbon copy of the Pacers/Magic last night.

13. King1

Wager (sort by time)
    Risk Win
    #712 - Houston Rockets -6 (-108) 2nd Half
    Header: Charlotte Bobcats @ Houston Rockets
    Sport: NBA
    Ticket #: 80101379
    Accepted: 10/30/13 8:24 PM (CST)
    Scheduled : 10/30/13 7:05 PM (CST)
    Risk/Win: $1,080.00/$1,000.00
    Outcome: Pending
    $1,080.00 $1,000.00
    1 of 1 Total Wagers $1,080.00 $1,000.00

Contact us
    Rules
    Wager menu
    LogOut

14. King1

I'm going to get backdoor covered on that bet

15. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

well for the second straight night first the clippers, now the heat.....my teasers have been blown up......betting the NBA is a fools game

16. King1

Lets see if we can get another 1k if GW starts slow

17. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Jesus, Pelicans really blew it. 2-1 is not a bad start for opening day, but I was really looking forward to a possible 3-0 there for a bit.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Playing 2nd leg of back to back+wade out+playing away...though i didn't see it coming too TBH.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

1-1 tonight...The Pelicans had a 14 pt lead going into the 2nd half and couldn't hold on against a visiting team playing on the 2nd night of a b2b, smh. I have nothing for tomorrow, but there may be some value in taking GState +7 vs LAC.

Great backdoor cover

Betting the NBA isn't a fool's game, just go through this thread and look at how well some of us did during the post-season last year. My advice would be to avoid NBA teasers and parlays for the most part. Just make one or two solid bets against the spread or moneyline if you feel really confident. Also, try not to bet a lot on heavy public favorites like Miami. They are almost always going to be favored, have other teams gunning for them, and you never know if they're going to show up enough to cover the point spread. You should pick and choose your spots with teams like Miami. As a point of reference, the Washington Wizards were the #1 team in the NBA in terms of covering the spread last year.

I really wanted to start undefeated (2-0) as well, but I guess with the Pelicans you have a different name, but the same team.

#679 Kwame, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm 0-2 tnoight...and I thought I took the most sure bets with Portland -3.5 and Sacramento -2.5.
    Portland showed 0 effort tonight against a very motivated PHX team. DEN-SAC was a very close one and lost by a point.

I guess opening nights are hard to predict (MIA, BKN...). In tonight's games I'm looking at NYK-CHI. NYK play 2nd game in two nights and CHI is probably motivated to make a statement. We also know CHI's defense is suffocating, while their offense should click a bit better than against MIA since NYK is bad at defense. But bet365 has CHI (-7.5) at 1.76 and I don't think that's a good odd.

1 person likes this.