1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

12-13
    PER 48 PTS REB AST STI

T. Douglas 17.3+6.1+7.4+4
    P. Beverley 15.7+7.5+7.1+2.3
    LIN 19.6+4.5+8.9+2.4
    2011-12
    LIN 26.1+5.5+11.0+2.8
    2010-11
    LIN 12.8+5.7+7.1+5.6

2. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Nice going, making consecutive asinine statements based on absolutely nothing except your own lack of understanding and then bringing up IQ.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lowry was just a doucheshnozzle, had trouble everywhere

4. windwave

windwave Member

Everybody need to calm down. If we win lots of games, and everyone get good stats, all will be forgotten.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Good read!

6. deedee82

deedee82 Member

This. And as someone that's been in the workforce for abit this is exactly what it looks like and feels like in the handling of Lin.

I know the argument about fit, and I also know a thing about opportunity and respect. Classy wouldn't be the word to describe how everything's been handled by the organization and Philslammas made a good post on the topic as well.

Sadly I guess this is a huge case of the means to and end vs the end justifies the means and this is what we are seeing here. Certainly stinks in my book and opinion and worldview of equity and fairness.

For all those engaging in a ****load of schadenfreude, at least I know Karma's a good b****.

I wish everyone peace. Sow a thought, reap accordingly.

Peace out.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This has become pathetic. The worship of an NBA player is laughable in and of itself but bringing race into all of it just as sad

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Oh, and phi slamma is hugging Lin's nuts to get views. It's funny how blind a lot of people are. Clutch is a great guy and speaks the truth. No agenda on his end. Take a second and let that process

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't bothered reading through this thread but am guessing it is a lot of people beyatching about how unfair Lin is being treated. Lin is a good guy but he does have consistency issues. Coming off the bench as sixth man could be a huge plus for both the Rockets and Lin. Also anyone who watches the NBA should recognize that the sixth man is often critical to teams success.

Finally keep in mind rosters aren't usually set in stone.

10. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

You clearly didn't read that thread or PSJ's replies in there. You may accuse him of "hugging Lin's nuts to get views", but you just gave final confirmation that you are a substance-less airhead.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We are and will always be Rocket fans and if the coaching staff feels that it's right to bring Jlin off the bench than so be it. Biases occur all over the world in all places. As someone once said "It's not what happens to you but how you look at what happens to you and that's based on what you have on the inside".

With that being the case, I think Jlin will deliver in whatever role he's in, so his supporters need to chill, bcuz Jlin has done well to get this far inspite of his basketball limitations (i.e, going left, picking up his dribble in the paint, finishing consistently at the rim, consistent 3 pt shooter, and midrange jumper).

The coaching staff is doing what is best for the team, Udonis Haslem starts for the Miami Heat, yet Ray Allen, Birdman, and Shane Battier are the catalyst off the bench and could start in place of Udonis.

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

He clearly not doing this. Stop this non-sense.

13. Manos

Manos Member

My opinion is that while Lin may not be thrilled with coming off the bench, the truth is the team, coaches and management believe Beverly is a better starter (I have to agree also). This has some to do with Beverly's skillset, but also Lin's strengths. Lin seems best to me when he's handling the ball and attacking the rim. I think when he comes in with the second unit, especially when Harden sits, he'll really shine. He'll have more looks, more scoring opportunities without taking the ball out of Harden's hands. In my opinion, Beverly compliments Harden better, doesn't mean he's necessarily a better overall player. The second unit works better with Lin's scoring and creating, while Beverly's defense fits better with the first unit. I don't see it as a demotion or show of disrespect to Lin as a player, it's just using the personnel on the roster in the most balanced, advantageous way.

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What's really pathetic is, that your best and only "argument" is to launch personal attacks against whoever disagrees with you. Either worshiping a player or hugging his nuts to get views? Your wild imagination speaks a lot more about you than anything else.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Jlin will do a better job against 2nd string PG's. He will be score, finish, direct the offense, have the ball in his hands, and get others involved. Last but not least, help the
    Rockets to an NBA championship, which is the bottom line!

16. real_egal

So Bev is not good enough for 2nd unit, but he's perfect fit for starting lineup. I get that "view", which is yet to be proven true. BTW, this view has grown so quickly over the off-season when no real game was played.

Obviously, PB wasn't a better fit last season (otherwise he would have been starting mid-season), but for some reason, with our acquiring of Howard, who can't create his own shot either, PB becomes a better fit.

Let's wait and see the result.

17. Agrieke

Agrieke Member

Cool, another Jeremy Lin thread. I'm ready for some actual games to talk about.

18. Agrieke

Agrieke Member

Agreed, I think the correct decision was made to start Bev, hope Lin still gets good minutes though.

19. real_egal

People act as if Lin's starting stopped Rockets from going into playoffs last season.

Wait, never mind.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I just made the mistake of visiting the Rockets facebook page.

it is an all out assault by Asian fans, calling for boycotts, etc.

just a pathetic headache and embarrassment for real basketball fans.