1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons - Can he be an All Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Will he be an All Star?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. No

76 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Yes cause he sexy

40 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Jeremy Lin

40 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. SK34

SK34 Member

He is going to be an All Star this year.

I can see him averaging 16-18 ppg.
    He has improved his jump shot and ball handling.
    With Dwight manning the middle, he will get more open looks from the 3s, especially corner (which he shot 50% from, both sides).
    And small ball will allow him to grab a lot of rebounds.
    And I see a lot of alley oops going towards parsons this year which will excite the viewers.
    And plus the Ladies love him, so he already has their votes.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

As you say that about his shooting. His shooting percentage is worse this pre-season than last year (or career average) and his scoring per minute is also down. Don't see how adding another ball dominant player gives him more opportunities. Plus, it's rare that 3 starters are all stars from the same team and you have to assume that James and Dwight will be. Good player though!!

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I voted yes he can, but that does not mean he will. He would need to increase his percentages to really turn heads. They were already really good last season but 50/40/90 is the mark of greatness and efficiency. He was close to that last season, if he hits it this season then I think he could be an all-star.

4. lowlife

lowlife Member

Not in his position i guess.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

oh yay a fangirl!

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

and just curious about your poll.... what does Lin have to do with parsons being an allstar???

7. Jimmy Chitwood

eeeeasy there. I love Chandler too, but come on.

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

It is very difficult for him to be a direct All-Star this season because the West is packed with a lot of forwards that would probably get voted or picked ahead of him. Durant, Griffin, Duncan, among others are automatic locks for the All-Star forward position. Then there are several dark horse candidates / sleepers - Leonard, Hayward, Batum, etc. So I would say no, he cannot be an All Star this season.

Can he take another big step towards All Star quality and production? I think yes. If he keeps up his 3 point shooting percentage, if he capitalizes on the looks and opportunities given to him by Howard, Harden and Lin, if he continues to play lockdown defense, and if he starts to find ways to generate his own offense, then he is progressing healthily towards playing at an All Star level.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He has a better shot in the NBA West but arguably Iguodala, Batum and Kawhi are better. And of course there's Kevin Durant.

That's putting him over Gordon Heyward, Shawn Marion which some would argue are better but I do not agree.

Chandler would have more opportunities on the Kings but he has not proven to be a deadly shooter. If he became a deadly 3 pt shooter he would have a better chance but he still shoots a line drive shot and at times doesn't have confidence in his 3 point shot. For him that is a necessary part if he wants to become an all star. The reality is he is a level below that and will probably always be with players like Lebron, George, Carmelo, Durant and future players like Wiggins and Jabari Parker entering the league Parsons will probably never make an all star game.

10. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I hate his jump shot form. Its a catapult and he drifts backwards when releasing. And yes its still a line drive shot at times.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

He would have to be really efficient &/or learn to create for himself. Not sure if that would happen but he is young and young players get better.

13. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

He's young, talented, on a good team, white and a very very handsome man. I don't see why he couldn't make it as a starter.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Don't think so. He can be a better player, but not the sort that would be recognized for an all-star selection.

15. kastuul

kastuul Member

Tough.
    No more Lin fans vote to this ass kisser.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No chance. He is a real good glue player but over-rated on this board.

He is 25 and pretty much at his ceiling. I would be happy if he can replicate his stats from last year. May be add a rebound or two more and an assist more.

He is borderline top 10 SF in the league.

LeBron, KD, Melo, George, Kawhi, Iggy, Deng

He is a tier below with Hayward, Barnes, Batum etc

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If enough girls watch basketball, he has a chance.

18. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

not unless he goes to some garbage team where he can drop 20 a game. Aldridge, Lee, Anthony Davis, duncan still around, blake grififn will get in based on name recognition. the Manimal, Durant....that's just off the top of my head. Too many forwards out west.

19. VBG

VBG Member

He could be a Deng type all star randomly one year.

20. rocketblood713

I believe in Parsons if he has a better season then last year then yea