1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be our starting PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Oct 26, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who should be the starting PG?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Patrick Beverley

225 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Jeremy Lin

416 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I believe tomato123 was just joking around.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This guy knows his basketball...

Keep on hating buddy. I know it hurts you bad for someone to shine more than his holy ness. Should probably get used to it though and just enjoy the solid season Lin should have as a key role player for a contender.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No this was a running complaint by him all last season. He really believes it

4. steady

steady Member

:) Not crying, and just two. If that's the way it's going to play out, and Lin's going to get significantly reduced minutes (as it seems from McHale's comments), I'm not sure what the point is in projecting that he is going to get more. Call it the way it is.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is 100% true from my experience. I played on a team with the coach's son, and the coach's son got all the minutes (and seemingly a far too great proportion of shots given his skill level). I think it is easy for coaches to toy around with Lin's role and PT (more so than other players, with whom they might think twice) because they know that he will be a good citizen. Good for him, and I hope that he is appreciate for his team play.

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I agree with starting Lin and Bev, but I would say start Asik instead of Parsons.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This works for me, and I'm a huge Lin fan. I'm more concerned about Lin going to the bench being the first step of his getting marginalized and eventually dropping down and/or out of the rotation if someone newer and shinier comes along, as my concern is that Lin's skills (especially defensively) get underrated again, as has happened throughout his career. I've seen Lin benched for Acie freaking Law, cut for Charles Jenkins, you name it, and I'm sick of it.

8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

At the beginning of the preseason I would bet on Lin starting, but now I think Beverley is going to be the starter. The whole alternating PGs was just PR maneuver for fans in Asia during the trips to Taiwan. I think Lin is going to be traded within a year or so as a package deal to attract a PF. Lin is too expensive to keep for a bench player when the 15mil year comes in and his skill sets overlaps with Harden too much. I do think the Rockets are one piece away from championship that is a stretch 4

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Play Harden and especially Howard less minutes.

Would like to see how Asik/Bev/Lin could do anchoring a lineup. I would think they hold up quite hell against the other team's bench.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I agree. if he can't be a starter, his days with rox may very well be numbered.

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I think the question now is how will the Rockets showcase his talent to boost his trade value? I really don't see Lin as Rocket's long term plan so might as well trade him to net a PF.

12. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

Is this how you do it?
    [​IMG]

Anyway...

Did you edit my quote in an attempt to obfuscate my response to iJHolmes? :confused:

It's perfectly reasonable to question why Lin has more votes than Beverley if the majority of the Rockets Fans on this site include all the other "Only Fans."

Why would I be mad?

It's a gorgeous autumn day in the big apple, the NBA season starts in a few days and I'll get a chance to watch the Rockets wipe the Garden floor with the Knicks on 11/14. It's crazy to think my seats for this game are $1500 and they're not even court side :eek:

You could say I'm mad about my salary, the rising ticket prices at MSG, the rising cost of living, Obamacare, the lack of gun control legislation, and doing away with the NYPD's stop and frisk program. But trolls and the CF members who love them? :rolleyes:

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no i'm just exposing these LOF's who only started to watch the NBA after Linsanity

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

$1500 tickets for a game...

:eek:

Includes free massages, and free steak right? I hope its worth it. :rolleyes:

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

i don't think you have to know who ricky davis is to be a rocket fan.

16. RocketPowerNick

If we have a good season (WCF) I don't see us trading Lin.

17. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

tldr. i tried to edit the message to highlight what iw as responding to but it failed. oh well. :rolleyes:

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Agree.

19. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Had not had the chance to update my other thread, but here are the final NBA Efficiency Per Minute stats for the preseason for Lin and Beverley:

Lin -- 0.595
    Bev -- 0.576

Per 36 Min, that NBA Efficiency looks like this:

Lin -- 21.41
    Bev -- 20.75

Extremely close. Bev had some numbers that were better, Lin some numbers that were better, I think, in terms of overall stats.

20. afk

afk Member

Honestly, if the team is doing well before the deadline, I hope we don't trade anyone. I love the roster as is, overpaid or not. However, if the gate is open for a premier PF like Kevin Love... other than our 2Hs, anything goes. :grin: