1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's nicknames for Rockets players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2013.

1. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Chandler Parsons = The Prettiest Boy in Houston

His looks are starting to get more overrated than his game.

2. mazinger

mazinger Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YpuRcmPnSTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. dragician

dragician Member

all whites are from euro.

4. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Don't forget the guy correcting the "euro not white" guy by implying Europe's a country.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

any aware miscers? ;)

2 people like this.
  6. figment

figment Member

[​IMG]

7. jocar

jocar Member

lol @ Montel Williams

8. allaroundplayer

so it's acceptable to introduce people according to their ethnicity and make fun of other races publicly? what an idiot. he made a fool of himself. i'm sure Lin and Casspi were horrified & insulted, not to mention in complete disbelief that somebody could be so ignorant and obliviously insensitive. there's nothing wrong with joking but if you can't differentiate between that and demeaning and disrespecting that makes you a sociopath. i am not judging him because whoever is without sin can cast the first stone, but i am judging what he did. it makes me wonder what happened to him that causes him to treat people like that because ultimately it is hateful behavior. obviously athletes are paid for their talent alone & we can't expect them to be perfect people anymore than we can expect that of anybody. it just seems the majority of athletes have the sense to avoid conduct when the cameras are rolling that could be construed in the slightest way offensive and therefore negatively affect their image and marketability. i suppose since Dwight has his contract perhaps he is not exactly concerned with that........

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I want to punch you in the face.

1 person likes this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dude calm down, if you watch the video and you see the reaction of Casspi, it clearly seems to be an inside joke!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8339186&postcount=191

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dude I feel you, I couldn't go two sentences through that rant without getting angry.

12. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

When people truly get to know each other they can talk mess to each other without getting all butthurt. I'm sure everyone knew what Dwight was gonna say. I'm sure everyone here talks mess to their co workers...

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

White means American now? Didn't know Euro was a color.

14. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

And Caucasians are from Caucasia (Caucasus) which is on the border of Europe and Asia. But I don't mean to interject facts in a nice race-baiting thread.

1 person likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

I found it humorous.

16. Laborer

Laborer Member

Seriously? I cannot imagine a scenario in my mind where this is somehow an inside joke that Casspi himself would find amusing. To me it seems like he was smiling only because he knew his face would appear on the jumbo-tron. I'm convinced that Dwight legitimately mixed up Casspi's place of origin, and I'm surprised that this doesn't seem to bother more of the posters here. I'm not Jewish myself, but I can assure you that I'd lose a lot of my Jewish friends if I had the nerve to make the mistake Dwight made here.

The "ni hao ma?" stuff with Lin was less egregious but almost as disappointing. It's not so much offensive as it is idiotic and revealing of the Dwight's immature/shallow reputation. It's especially disappointing given that Dwight was saying all right things about being a leader for the team and yet puts his teammates in really uncomfortable cringe-worthy moments.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dwight could say he doesn't wipe with his left hand and people would blast him for it.

18. bmd

bmd Member

You're looking too much into it. He's just ****ing around.

Have you ever been friends with people of other races when you were about the age of these guys? You don't not talk about race. You joke about each others race in a friendly way.

And how do you know there wasn't an inside joke with Casspi? I don't know if there was or there wasn't. I agree that even if Dwight came up with that off the top of his head, Casspi would just laugh and play along.

But why couldn't you see a possibility where that was an inside joke? What if Dwight really did mistakenly think he was from Saudi Arabia when interacting with the team, and it became a joke because of how wrong Dwight was.

19. tmacfor35

I got this guy figured out.

1)home schooled

2)never played team sports

3)avoided people like the plague

In all seriousness, these are grown ass men. They can take a joke. Go take your titty tantrum somewhere else. Jesus mother.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Dwight meant Arab Prince. Omri kinda looks like the guy who got kicked out of Saudi for being too good looking.

[​IMG]