1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers waive Royce White

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~~~~
    Good idea!
    Just put him in a cage and send him in a cargo.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't feel sorry for him because he blew his chances at the NBA. I feel sorry for him because he has some serious debilitating mental issues that are horrible for anyone to go with.

3. kystormchaser

kystormchaser Member

I know that all mental health issues are spectrum, and some are more severe than others, but I have the same disorder Royce claims to have. I was terrified of flying and avoided it til I was 26. My job required me to fly for training. You know what I did? I flew, because it was my job. I got some counseling before I went and had some medication to help the first time, and the second time. I got treatment and got on a medication that coupled with counseling makes me almost completely asymptomatic. I've been on dozens of flights in the last 5 years and now actually look FORWARD to the flights because its the only time my phone is off and stays off, I can read a book or just look out the window for a few hours.

I had the option of not doing my job (and consequently not ever seeing my family because I was moving across the country) or sucking it up and finding a way to cope. The way Royce behaved makes it clear he didnt WANT to cope or attempt to. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, in my lay (but famliiar) opinion did not cause this, it makes you nervous and antzy, and makes you have bad thoughts of impending doom (such as the plane suddenly doing something that it can't physically do) it doesn't make you a self-entitled jerk.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He was terrible in the preseason...absolutely terrible. His +/- is pretty hilarious.

In any case, he deserves it...never cared enough about the game.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Is he the first ever first round pick to be let go after just 1 season in the NBA?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never pick him up for cheap....

Enough with this passive aggressive **** he is putting teams through

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he got cut by perhaps the worst team in the history of the nba.

So all in all, he'd probably fit on that lakers bench.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I can't decide if I want him to not have another sniff of the NBA or some other team give him a deal and suffer the consequences.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he can shine in a lakers uniform. Resembles magic.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seconded. Drama queen for tinkertown.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

The only one I can think of but there has to be more... right?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just remembered....this time last year...Royce White was on our "A New Age" billboards. LOLs!!

[​IMG]

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Shame, really. He's probably a top 5 all-time "look the the right, pass to the left" passer in the history of the game.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Leon Smith few years back

It usually involves psychological issues, off-court stuff and injuries. Its rarely cuz they just dont show talent. But thats happened too. Though not really in recent years with guaranteed contracts. Royce is one of the higher drafted 1 year flameouts for sure

15. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

Fab Melo

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He never played a minute of NBA Basketball...if he doesn't get another shot he will always be a trivia question:

Which NBA 1st Round Draftee (a top 5 talent) sat out an entire season because of his fear of flying & was cut without ever playing a minute in the NBA?

It reminds me of that lazy guy in the The Ultimate Fighter house who had his colon cleansed to try & cut weight...a great talent, but a wasted opportunity. Who even remembers his name? All I remember is the 'chocolate butt milkshake' & the Dana kicking him off the show.

And that is what he will be remembered for, getting an enema / colon cleansing & not making the cut, & Royce will always be remembered as that guy who was scared to fly.

17. Raven

Raven Member

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Good one? First round picks getting waived after their first year doesn't happen often but it does happen.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If your cut by the sixers who have you for free, then you won't be picked up by any other NBA team. Flight schedules and past history make dleague out of the question. Euro and China would be a stretch.

Close the book on this one...time for him to focus on building that conglomerate.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

apparently he will be done tweeting

on suicide watch now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>When I break 10k tweets, I'm done... my account will just be a memory of me. Go back to my first 100! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NothingChanged&amp;src=hash">#NothingChanged</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/394552467817390080">October 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>