1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin + Rockets Highlights - Houston vs. San Antonio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deedee82, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Well, Clutchfans hasn't been shutdown by the government yet. Every now and then, Clutch posts highlights of a play or two scrapped from a copyrighted broadcast. I know Dave is friendly with the Rox org, but they don't hold the TV broadcast copyrights. I doubt fan sites like CF got permission from TNT or ESPN or wherever before posting those videos. As long as Hardisty hasn't been imprisoned for creating those highlight videos and sharing them on his twitter feed and Clutchfans hasn't been shut down by the lawyers of TNT or ESPN or NBATV, I think we'll be ok.

2. nemac

nemac Member

One of the highlights is a Lin rebound.

3. JBar

JBar Rookie

Thanks for explaining that, Jastaguy. I've always been curious about the discrepancy.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Do you know if Youtube or whatever ad companies(not sure how it works) pay you for videos like this? I heard you get a dollar per thousand views. Seems like a quick easy way to make 10-20 bucks here and there.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I'm not a lawyer, but the non lawyer view:

You have to sign up to get paid, and they pull your account if you post material you don't own the copyright to-- probably because in that case they are no longer covered by the DMCA which absolves them of responsibility. How much it absolves them is the subject of current big dollar lawsuits (e.g. with viacomm).

The whole thing gets very murky because in the lawsuits it comes out that some of the people uploading to youtube worked for the businesses suing them: they wanted the free marketing.

In any case, youtube isn't going to partner (i.e. pay for views) with anyone who doesn't own what they are uploading.

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Also, nowhere near a dollar per thousand views.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem said it was ok, therefore Clutch City said it was ok

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

bingo

9. Little General

If you have a video that gets a lot of views, youtube will then contact u for a youtube partnership. They have strict rules that u have to follow. If not they will end the partnership. If you follow it you will get paid by youtube.

10. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Stop trying to get Hakeem imprisoned alongside Hardisty. Dream, Clutch City, Les and the Rockets don't own the copyrighted footage. ESPN, NBATV, TNT, etc, do. Stop trying to get Hakeem and Morey imprisoned for aiding and abetting Hardisty's crime spree! :grin:

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol....yeah, I laugh at these highlight reels sometimes.

12. Fighton

Fighton Member

advertisers purchase ad inventory from google (google owns youtube) on a cost-per-click. and google pays out the content providers also on a cost-per-click.

however, there are some very popular youtube original content creators that gets paid by google (i'm sure the terms are all different for each producer) just for creating content on youtube.

13. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Blaiyan, the guy who made the video, isn't a player only fan and he doesn't post on Clutchfans, so he won't hear any of your complaints. He's a team first fan. His team is the Warriors :grin:

He probably wouldn't be making Lin+Rockets highlights if Lin wasn't from the Bay Area. And I think you'll get your wish of no more Lin+Rocket highlights, since he says he will only make Lin highlights and no more Rocket highlights if Lin doesn't start.

You're welcome to continue watching the team highlight videos he'll keep putting out though, assuming you like the Warriors.

Besides, I think LOF highlights are better than the LOH highlights that a supposed "Rockets fan" was putting out last year before he got banned from CF. A "rockets fan" who has no time to make Rockets team highlights, but has plenty of time to make Jeremy Lin "lowlights" videos after each game, thus proving that LOH actually do exist.

14. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

yeah, I also find it funny when they include free throws in highlight reels.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

he using his left hand more now

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

What is more annoying then a Lin Only Fan?

People whining about Lin Only Fans, enjoy the highlights and be thankful we have talented and promising team so far.

17. RocketPowerNick

Umm, if this was a LOF it'd be called "Lin Highlights".

The term is called a Lin ONLY fan. Actual LOF's only exist in about 15% of the ClutchFans. :rolleyes:

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Don't hate, appreciate.

19. Hak34

Hak34 Member

You freaking BJs are a total sham. I said this a long time ago. Since when is it a crime to be a fan of any Rocket player? Seems to me you BJs are the phoney Rocket fans. Guilty of doing exactly what you cry about from the Lin fans. Hypocrites all of you. Go cry about the 6 Beverly threads on the first page like you do when there are two Lin threads.

You BJs are worth a ton in comic releif though.

1 person likes this.
  20. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

The same ppl that complain about this video title are the same ppl that complain about pirated movie qualities.