1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McHale: "I have two starting point guards."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Oct 21, 2013.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone know if it is true that Lin and Beverly have become very close friends? They sure play well together.

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Both these PG are underdogs. Both went through a lot of bias and hardships to get to where they are today. Both have a documentary about what kind of struggle and training they went through to get noticed in the NBA.

The only difference is Lin got more noticed because of his offensive talents and Bev didn't get noticed as much from his defensive talents. Which makes a lot of sense because the NBA is about showcasing offence.

So I wouldn't be surprised that they are both at around the same level in terms of value. I think both of them can reach all-star status with their work ethic and rivalry. And if they both learn from each other (Lin learning Bevs defensive explosion, and Bev learning Lins offensive creativity) I have no doubts that these 2 underdogs starting for different teams being the 1st - 2nd options can be all-stars.

I mean how often do you get a guy who can dish multiple 30+ pts high ast games in his first 82 games and how often do you get a guy who can continuously wreck and hack high #s of steals and rebounds at the PG position?

In all my years of watching NBA, I can't count that many. These 2 are definitely talented and with their ethics, I believe they will become all time greats.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I guess we don't know what's media talk versus what's real, but they both say they are very close. Both nice guys who seem to put the team above ego, so I believe it.

4. trock

trock Member

I honestly don't think that's what I was saying. :confused:

5. Orange1

Orange1 Member

We disagree on the V's definition of a true Rockets fan. That is all.

6. fearless!

fearless! Member

I dont think Beverley has All-Star potential. Lin neither. At least not in this system.

7. cw3k

cw3k Member

Lin should be traded since the Rockets is spending 8m per year on him and he is not being use to his full potential. Why waste the money and time on both

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Don't worry, I never said that's what you mean, I only commented that your post is nice and said what I was saying in relation to your post; I put "in a way", and that means, "sort of, could be viewed in this perspective, maybe, metaphorically speaking, sometimes, in general, if one thinks about it", or something like that.
    What is this convulsion? What I said was "in a way" true, so now you have to argue that it isn't, it is actually "not remotely" true? Like last time, I said it was "tough but not impossible to keep Lin" and you had to retort that it was actually "extremely tough"? Whatever.

9. fearless!

fearless! Member

I believe that playing in this system will help Lin improve his game. He has a good chance to go for a deep playoff push this year and gain experience.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No, it is not "in a way true".

You disingenuously premise that the offense of this team is either team-ball or Harden ISO, and team-ball only occurs when Jeremy Lin is on the court otherwise it's Harden ISO.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

first, do you agree that harden and dwight are number 1 & 2 offensive options on this current rockets team?

12. vlaurelio

can you post relevant data on these assist numbers?

you can only come to this conclusion if you have data which shows

Assists Per 36 minutes of the Rockets lineup
    When JLin is On/PBev is Off vs When PBev is On/JLin is off

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

In Beverley interview:
    http://www.sports790.com/media/podcast-exclusive-790-interviews-790interviews/rockets-pg-patrick-beverley-on-itt-23877386/

Beverley says:
    "A lot of people don't understand, me and Jlin, we're really, really close. We spoke a lot this summer, were together in the locker room after the game, so me and Jlin, we're very close. It's not a battle at all."

14. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Are you saying Lin is overpaid? I think Lin is worth the money that he is paid. Think before you speak, please.

15. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

That is the most mature reply I have ever seen in my life. He's not overpaid now, but he will be next year.

16. Rox7

Rox7 Member

8m is what you paid for an average starting pg.

You are not telling me he is paid 5m this year and 15m next year and therefore he will be overpaid?

17. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Both guards are over rated. Bev's defense?? He is just an average defender, but he is an energy guy off the bench.

18. Orange1

Orange1 Member

May be and may be not. Coaches made their decisions. Not Morey. Not Les. Not fans.

19. vlaurelio

so even if GM's agree they're best SG and best center

you can't accept that their options 1 & 2?

20. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

lmfao, selective memory at its finest. So do you really think all Harden does is simply hold the ball and doesn't pass to anyone and sometimes just pulls a Kobe and passes it to himself by hitting the backboard? And what is up with this ISO term, if he is going to finish 60% of his possessions and still dish for 6 assists then is it really that bad?