1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The CVS receipts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

In a world where we're trying to save trees, one company goes out of its way to kill as many as possible. By rule, you must get one foot of receipt per every item you buy.

This seriously makes me hate going to CVS. I hate waiting five minutes for my receipt to print while the cashier looks at me with a look that says, "I hate my life!"

2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

mmmpppsss mmmpppsss mmmpppsss

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

There's a treasure map on the back of them... look it up.

[​IMG]

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

YEAH! Ugh! They're wasting paper! I would venture to guess that MOST OF US don't even use those emmeffin' coupons. :mad:

I like Office Max's approach. They ask if they can email it to you. I am not a 'tree-hugger' per se, but I choose that option. :eek:

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I got a $12 money back one the other day, but they wouldn't let me buy beer with it. I hate life! Freaking Obama has ruined EVERYTHING.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm all for it. Extra toilet paper for me.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of paper wasted but when I finally started looking at the coupons they have a lot of savings. The stuff at CVS is over priced, but if you use the coupons from the kiosk and the ones from the register (you can use more than one at a time with manufacture coupons) the savings are crazy. I got a $25 purchase for $8 dollars a couple times. And when you spend a certain amount with the cvs card, I believe they count the before savings amount, you get money back that can be used again with coupons for even more savings.

9. moose

moose Member

I work for CVS. I've probably only used a coupon from those receipts once in my 2 years.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I started buying one item at first. I wait for the receipt, get the 5 off 15 coupon and buy the rest of my stuff.

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I put this on Facebook before. I bought one stick of gum and I think a candy.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

They also print out a lot of useless coupons when you scan your card at the little coupon machine.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

hate trees

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Using paper doesn't kill trees.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Amen brah, we all know who's behind all the tree killing....:eek:

[​IMG]

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

first world problems

17. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

yeah, its ridiculous and something I know they hear on a regular basis

18. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

Those long receipts were the first thing I noticed when I went not too long ago. Each of the 3 people ahead of me had 5 items the most. When it got to my turn I thought man they're gonna waste all that paper for my 2 items. But after paying with my credit card I got a normal sized receipt.

Is it only when you pay with cash that u get those long receipts? I couldn't remember if the people ahead of me had paid with cash.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

No, if I understand it correctly, it's all based on what kind of rewards you have "loaded" on your CVS card, how much money you have spent there in a certain period of time, and what items you have purchased from them in the recent past. Also, it seems that they will sometimes just run coupons for things they are trying to push. For example, not too long ago, I got a coupon for a 5X7 print in their photo lab, but I've never printed photos at a CVS, or anywhere else for that matter.

20. ILoveWhiteGirls

I'm sorry but do you guys not like saving money?? The whole point of coupons is to, you know SAVE MONEY!!!!! What is wrong with you guys, seriously??