1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Market for Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Grapenutz, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That could be bs though. Doubt minny would bite on an Aldridge for love.

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Bosh the better player, however considering age and contract, I would prefer Barnes over Bosh.

Everything about Barnes screams Morey, 3p shooting, attacks the rim and most importantly, undersize PF (noted on the fact that Barnes plays almost exclusive SF, but that playoff Barnes as well as the select team Barnes plays PF pretty darn well.)

And GS have that huge trade exemption by Richard Jefferson. Hence even a 1-1 trade is possible.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

For there to be any possibility of that Oden would have to go down. Which lets be frank, is very likely

4. hbomb

hbomb Member

Asik for Bosh?

YES PLEASE.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lol Bosh is so disrespected. dude averaged crazy good numbers in TOR and sacrificed alot in joining Wade/Bron.

6. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Just... brilliant!!!!!!!

7. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Regardless of various personal opinions about Bosh or no-Bosh...if the organization thought he was the right player to bring in and figured out a way to do it -- or no longer considered him as a good fit for the team -- I'd be happy if they brought him in and the same if they no longer see him as an advantageous target.

Whatever makes the team better, stronger, and more of a contender, I trust the organization to make the best moves for the team (all armchair GM'ing on our parts aside).

8. quatin

quatin Member

As a Houston/Miami fan. This is a one sided trade. Miami is the only team taking a risk. People bring up taking risks, but we're talking about breaking up a 3 time finals team. Plus, Wade is having injury problems, so Miami will need Bosh and Lebron to be the 1-2 punch this year. If Wade's knees don't hold up well this season, there's a chance he might retire in the next 2 seasons. At that point, Miami will need Bosh.

Unless Miami looks like a catastrophe going into the trade deadline, I don't see them changing anything. Spoelstra has been experimenting with Chris Bosh as a the #2 option in pre-season and it's looking good.

Houston will have to offer the likes of Dwight to get Bosh out of Miami this season.

9. leangle25

leangle25 Member

it will be nice to have bosh but I dont really see Bosh a right fit into the rockets team for me. Maybe Love or LMA. Even getting back 2Pat/Morris would be perfect i see them fitting in the Rockets system well playing in the stretch 4.

10. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

LOL seriously for Bosh, we would need to lose more than Asik

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree that it works better next season, but stars and their agents continue to gain more influence over trade negotiations.

The piece I think we are missing to execute a trade is the Raptors pick we had in the Harden deal. For comparison sake:

K Martin - Asik
    Lamb - DMo and/or TJones
    Dallas #1 (top 20 protected) - 2 Houston #1s
    Raptors #1 - ??

There may be one more significant trade to get that Raptors-esqe pick. My guess is Lin or Beverley to the Bucks for their 2015 1st (top 5 protected).

Of course, the other option is to just wait until 2015 free agency.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lin, Asik, and one of Jones/DMo for Bosh

13. quatin

quatin Member

Miami already has Haslem, Anthony and Andersen for the 4/5 position. If Asik goes, it will be Asik/Andersen at the 5 and Haslem/Anthony at the 4 spot. So Jones/Dmo would not see any playing time and therefore won't be of much value.

Lin will have no value in Miami, because Wade and Lebron are already ball dominant players.

Aside from Dwight and Harden, Parsons is the only other player that I see Miami trading for to fill in for Millers absence. Even then, Asik + Parsons is still not enough for Bosh in my opinion.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Everyone keeps talking about Kevin Love, whatever-his-name-is-from-NOLA and Lamarcus Aldridge as the Rockets future at PF, but what about Kenneth Faried?

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

can't shoot but love him as a player, high energy

16. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

he's not a has been, only 28. so in his prime? rememeber he's the same age as Dwight so if we signed Dwight we can take Bosh who is better than Lin and Asik combined. Bosh fits this team perfectly, solid shooter, an underated defender and a hustler (does the little things).

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not fit to carry Ömer's jöck.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If Bosh wasnt able to find his range, the Heat wouldve lost the Indiana series. Bosh's offense is so suspect.

19. Agrieke

Agrieke Member

Now way, did you see the trade Minnesota rejected from cleveland for Love?

20. Agrieke

Agrieke Member

Can't shoot, and they wouldn't move Asik in a deal for Faried.